We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Topic
Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

we will be on Ko Yao Noi and need to get to Ko Lanta. What would be the recommended way of the travel?

any ideas, suggestions are welcomed, thank you.

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

By land is cheaper, by boat is much more comfortable. Prices and times very approximate...

A cheap way:

Longtail “ferry” to Ao Thalane, one hour, some say only 50 B(???) , song-thaew to Krabi Town, one hour, 60 B, a van to Lanta, two hours, maybe… 300-400 B?

A comfortable way (ferries only run during high season):

Speedboat to Ao Nang Pier 40 minutes, 500 B

Ferry to Lanta, 2 hours 15 minutes, 500B

Edited: 1:16 pm, August 26, 2011
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

thank you, would you know the name of the speed boat company?

Stockholm
Level Contributor
658 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

Green planet, I think. Obviously you can also take a longtail boat to Ao Thalane and taxi to Ao Nang Pier and the Lanta ferry. If you want great kayaking, Ao Thalane is one of the best places (together with Bor Thor further north). Lanta has some mangroves to the north and islands on the east side, but nothing compared to northern mainland Krabi! I would kayak around Koh Yao Noi instead.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

I would consider getting a longtail to Ao Talen and then a private transfer to meet you at the pier and drive you to Lanta.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

bill thanks, do you have any agency recommendation for organizing the private transfer?

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,052 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

Get your hotel to arrange it. They all have a system of favours and commissions (or kickbacks). Or arrange it at the transportation desk at Krabi airport if you're going through there.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

thank you.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

We used the services of a local company (for accommodation and transport) whilst holidaying on Yao Noi and they were extremely helpful in helping us plan everything. They have a place in the South East of the island which organises boat trips, kayaking, scooter hire etc etc - maybe they could advise or help you out. Contact I have for them is:- kittienorrie@hotmail.com

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

I will send her an email thank you Makata

10. Re: Travel between Ko Lanta and Ko Yao Noi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, October 16, 2012