We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Layana: Just Perfect !

scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Layana: Just Perfect !

OK. Perfect is unachievable but I have never stayed anywhere that comes closer. As many have said before, the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful. The resort is very quiet, no children, and is a great place to chill out. I intended to go scuba diving but got too wrapped up in the simplicity of beach, swim, good books, constant cold water drinks on the beach and no hassle.

The hotel arranges evenings for different food and wine tastings which are very good and sensibly priced but you can also be totally private around the resort. I hate to say resort as there are only around 50 bedrooms in individual villas. We had a superb Ocean Suite which has its own upper floor to read and lounge and sleep overnight in. Its open to walls with only a roof.

Walk up the beach tp 12+ different beach restaurants and bars. Still very chilled out. Just you, the surf and the big night sky with as many langoustine and Singa beers as you care to consume.

There are a few day trips in the hotels superb luxury speedboats. I certainly recommend the Sundowner trip.So interesting and tranquil. Saladan town (village really) is 15 minutes in a tuk-tuk and is worth a trip. We had fantastic seafood meals there at 'Lanta Seafood' which I see others have also recommended.

Bob and Margie are very hands on manager owners of at Layana and everything we found to be a very high standard. We visit Thailand frequently, 2 or 3 times a year. Koh Lanta is like Phuket was 30 years ago or Koh Samui 15 years ago.

If you want to escape from the world to a little paradise but also want some luxury and variety, I cannot think of anywhere better on the entire planet!

Preston, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Layana: Just Perfect !

Hi DiaMan

Sounds like we have got something to look forward to,we'll be there next Sunday for 7 days.

Any tips on your favourite beach resturants?

Philip

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Layana: Just Perfect !

I agree, visiting Layana in Feb for our third visit,

and taking some freinds with us,

it realy is fantastic, hope you enjoy

scotland
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Layana: Just Perfect !

Yes, there were a couple of beach restaurants we thought were really good. All the restaurants are to the north ( turn right up the beach). The 2 we liked best were ThaiCat- don't worry the food is great and there is no 'cat' on the menu. It is under Casaurina trees and you and give a lovely natural setting. The other one we loved is a family run restaurant further up the beach called Suze (I think !).It has a roof.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.

Preston, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Layana: Just Perfect !

Thanks DiaMan

Gives us something to start with.

5. Re: Layana: Just Perfect !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 pm, October 18, 2009