We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

WEST HAM,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

My pal is staying in samui for 4 weeks and said that there are deals to be had on room prices, even staying over the xmas holidays he still could find deals, and soon resorts will be empty, is this due to the pound or the problems before christmas at the airports? going to be in lanta in feb hope this is true.

WEST HAM,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

Peak season ends soon for some resorts mid january.

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

D,ont say that,the season only started three week,s ago.Lanta got busy over xmas and the new year you could still get a room not beach front.Now it,s dropped off abit,the beach was busy today but the sun was out all day.Also big full party coming up and alot of people have decamped over there.Ozones beach party tomorrow should see 100 200 people though.Catch 22 with the rooms there are plenty out the back spare,but alot of the locals bumped up the prices and are not moving 4000 grand a night is 70 pound.One of them has dropped from 5 to 3 thousand and is full.Most of the resorts the good ones 10 to 15 rooms will stay busy untill mid march.Cause,s where do you start,the pounds bad,and every body here bumped ther prices up 10 20% so your down aroud at a guess 35%.The mini marts are clearing up,the jaggle of beer bottles in the 7 11 is relentless.Big singa 65 baht small one in a bar 70.Shutting down the airport was not the best move,in london you would never had got past hammersmith.It,s going to be quiet for awhile now as there all busy tring to salvage some thing out of the season,but it wiill i guess kick of again april may time.Lantas still cracking though pleasently full weather top draw and if you shop aroud cheap up the hammers

WEST HAM,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

will be in krabi mid-feb, going to need some room deals!!pre,paid all ready at some resorts,3.500 baht a night still got to pay the balance.

WEST HAM,ENGLAND
Level Contributor
219 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

Thats if we go????

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

If your yet to book on lanta check some resorts via the internet ect,on long beach and klong dow,i,m pretty busy,so can not run about to much.Let me know the date,s and rate"s,and i,ll check out the walk in rate,it,s very quiet and there could be,just could be a bargin.I know one of the top resorts was deserted last week.They tend not to budge,but your three grand or around might.All the best and do i stay up for the cup draw,it,s a 1am local time,hour and a half to go.I reckon i will and lets hope its watford at home,or shefield united.Just hope all the jelly fish have gone by the time you get here.Up the hammers

Koh Lanta, Krabi...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

Jelly fish? What jelly fish? Up Australia Day.

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

I reckon the rocks at the end of klong dow might have kept them out.Long beach was full of them last week,know one went in the sea for three days.Had a look this morning at 8am and it looked all clear,so i,m chancing a swim this afternoon.Koh ha was busy with them as well,all the diver,s got stung last monday.Heard it,s ok now,and the visabilty has improved.Better not mention the sting my mate got two weeks ago,nasty.One of the divers told me it was down to the sea being colder than normal,and they have come up from the deep to warm up.It,s warming up now,so i hope that,s it.But i,m no marine biologist.Cheers kev.

Koh Lanta, Krabi...
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

Ahhh ok....

Yeah, in the front of our resort, we have rocks about 80-90 metres out from the sandline, so it creates a little lagoon area in front for swimming, which must be protected... thanks earth....

The rocks directly in front of Andaman Lanta probably stop them from drifting down to the south of the beach too....

Warming up is an understatement :-) It's scorching out there, annd I've gotta do landscaping with the staff.... Good for the travellers/tourists though....The weather at the start of this high season, pretty much up until this month, was abysmal.

Many people on Long Beach? Klong Dao is filling up fast...

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

hello there,hope the gardening went well,the jellyfish seem to have gone.It,s been quiet since the new year,as per normal,and over the last few days there has been more people about,just a shame the baht is so strong.Still plenty of cheap rooms out the back of ozone avalible though.More people on the beach.I think alot of the younger crowd are up the other end,kantiang bay ect,as the night life since opium shut is not really there.Not much up there to be honest though.Two empty swedish pubs,d,ont really rock every bodys boat.Still the irish embassys doing ok,and ozone thursday night parties are still a good crack.Give my regards to klong dow,i use the road alot,d,ont get on the beach much,unless i,m in the koala bar.Hope your doing well.and good luck.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: resorts soon to be empty? good deals to be had!

the Opium is shut, Kev? haven't checked 'em out. what a pity