We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

indaian restaurant

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
indaian restaurant

Hi All

Visited funky fish a couple of years ago and had amazing indian food!! Can anyone recomend it is still as good or is there anywhere else for good indian cuisine???

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: indaian restaurant

Hiya, Funky Fish is still there, but much bigger! They've created a platform across the beach front, not sure if it was like that when you went? The restaurant next door, which we call the "Roundhouse", as it's round(!), does Indian food too, I think it's actually called Somewhere Else or Elsewhere (the other one with a similar name is up at Khlong Nin I think. We stay on Long Beach every year and are going back at Christmas, and nearly always eat in the "Roundhouse"! I'm sure that there are other places as well, best usually to ask around! Have fun!

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: indaian restaurant

Had afew beers at funky fish at the weekend,it,s just reopened,back tomorrow will check out the indian,still very quiet.Let you know tommorrow.One day a good indian will open and clean up.Me and a mate had a swim there and the waters clear,shame no one else is about.

jersey channel...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: indaian restaurant

Hi Lantakev,

Visitng Koh Lanta Feb 09,

staying at Layana,

where best bar to watch live footi

Many Thanks

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: indaian restaurant

hi theparkiesjersey,

The other choice for Indian food on Ko Lanta, the name “Jungkle View Restaurant” at Ba Kan Tieng Bay. The restaurant is situated on the hill and offers an incomparable view of Ba Kan Tieng Bay and surrounding island of Ko lanta. The menu offers Thai and International Cuisine, their special being Indian food. I been there in last high season and always order “ Roti with Green Curry” I ‘m not Indian expert, but I love their taste and scenery view.

Best Wish,

Lantainfo.com

koh lanta
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: indaian restaurant

Live football,has to be the irish embassy,get there an hour before and you have a chance of picking your game.Big screen on klong dao,no sound.Loads of bar,s show it,but issue,s with noise,what match is on.Best to befriend the owner of the remote control.Sorry not been back to funky fish,will do in the week.To many old mates turning up and drinking,eating else where.

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: indaian restaurant

Hello everyone!

Where is the FUnky Fish? Is there some hotel near the restaurant? How about this Somewhere Else restaunt?Are they at the Long Beach?

Is there some hotel near the Junkle view restaurant?

Any ideas how much is a ride from North end of Klong Dao beach to the FUnky Fish or to Junkle View Restaurant?

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: indaian restaurant

Hi Jone,

Funky Fish and Somewhere Else are on Long Beach. From the main road from Saladan, you'll see a dirt road going down which when I left just over a month ago, Lanta Gym were building a stadium on the corner. You'll see a lot of signs from the main road going down, advertising Funky Fish, LD Bungalows, Blue Sky, Best House and Ozone. If you follow the dirt road right to the very bottom, that is, don't turn left or right at tree with the electricity power meters on it, that's Somewhere Else. The ride from Klong Dao shouldn't be much more than a couple of hundred Baht and nearly all the tuk-tuk drivers know Funky Fish. Not sure about the Jungle one, that beach is quite a bit further down the island. There are plenty of places to stay on Long Beach, Funky Fish have some great bungalows on the dirt road, back from the beach from 500B a night for a fan room. They are the nicest, cleanest & cheapest bungalows by far!

Have a great time :)

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: indaian restaurant

Visited in January and stayed at Anda Lanta. So, in the south part of the island, there is an indian restaurant which had just opened when we had gone. Not a nice atmosphere, okay food, but they deliver free of charge and provide pickup from hotel as well. They have other restaurants at long beach and one more place (don't rememeber the name). It was new, so they were still doing it up, maybe it is nicer now.

Finland
Level Contributor
983 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: indaian restaurant

Ok, so the "best" Indian dinners are served in Funky Fish + Somwhere Else? Any comments about their vegetarian menus (good+plenty as usually in indian restaurants)?

10. Re: indaian restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:26 am, October 22, 2009