We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

montreal
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
weather

Is there a time of year when it is NOT recommended to vacation in Thailand, we are thinking of xmas period.

london
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: weather

Hi

usually the weather is better on the Andaman side (Phuket, Krabi) around xmas

thanks

london
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather

sorry, forgot to mention that Ko Lanta should usually be good weather over xmas, as it is also on the Andaman side.....

montreal
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather

THANKS, although after reading about the current political situation, I have to think of going to plan B. My son is going to school in Singapore and we're planning a visit around x-mas with a family vacation in the area. Any spots you could recommend?

london
Level Contributor
267 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: weather

hi again

sorry but I don't understand your comments "political situation"?

if you're going to Singapore anyway it would be great to go up to Thailand, or if not, why not try Langkawi in Malaysia, off the same coast, very quiet but if you go to the areas called Pantai Cenang or Tengah you'll find plenty of restaurants outside of the hotels

also, what's your plan B?

thanks

5. Re: weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, September 25, 2009