We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 islands question

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
anchorage,ak
Level Contributor
65 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
4 islands question

i keep seeing people talking about going over to the "4 islands" while in ko lanta. is that a day trip by boat? are you dropped off on the islands to explore/ lounge on the beach?

is ko lanta still a pretty laid back place?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
284 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 islands question

We did this tour in 2005. It was a snorkling tour with lunch on one of the islands while moored up. It takes a good 1 1/2 hours to get the first island so it is a full day trip. You also get to swim through a cave to the emerald lake in the middle of an island. It is a nice day out. In 2005 Lanta was still quiet and laid back although we were there in low season. There has in recent times been lots of new resorts built by the looks of it. For us Lanta is a must return to island one day!!!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 islands question

The four islands are Ko Muk, Ko Ngai, Ko Waen and Ko Cheuak. The are all south of Ko Lanta and actually 3 of them sit in Trang, Provence. It one of the best snorkeling options from Ko Lanta.

Its about an hours travel time to the first island. You can go by a traditional long-tail boat, speed boat or a cattle boat. Moat leave from Saladan pier but to save time you can leave from Historic Old Town. Prices vary from 800- 1500 baht per person. Highly recomended!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,421 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 islands question

re "is ko Lanta still a pretty laid back place?"

I first went to Lanta in '85 when there were about 3 places to stay and didn't go back until 2004. I really liked Lanta again, although inevitably there has been a lot of development. I stayed on Long beach and although busy, it seemed to me to strike that nice balance between enough choice of restaurants,bungalows, hotels and yet still be relatively peaceful. Things were still good in 2005 too, but last year when I went I felt as though Lanta had really arrived on the holiday brochure map. So many families with childred and couples changing for dinner! The atmosphere had totaly changed and so had some of the bungalows and restaurants, with prices escalating and standards slipping. So I think if you want peace you will have to head down the island to waterfall beach or bamboo bay. For myself, I'll connect through Saladan but give the rest a miss this year as I'm already booked into a truly laid back island and gues what...? I'm keeping quiet about it! lol

OZ
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 islands question

We did the four island trip with a good outfit called Lantalongtail. Its was nice because the boat was a private trip and we could and stay as long as we wanted, as we were not on a set schedule. I remember they have a website too. Try googe. Good Luck, Cant wait to get back to Lanta in 2009!

5. Re: 4 islands question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, September 12, 2009