We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Lanta to Krabi - latest ferry info

Boston...
Level Contributor
60 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Ko Lanta to Krabi - latest ferry info

Hi,

Can a local please help me confirm what the current ferry schedule is from Lanta to Krabi? Does the ferry schedule change often? I plan on traveling on 11/5.

I'm deciding which flight time I need to take out of Krabi - there's one at 12:25, 15:05 and 18:50.

Please advice.

Thank you!

Jenny

arctica
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi - latest ferry info

Do you mean the car ferries between Koh Lanta and Krabi mainland, or the 2-3 hrs boat trip along the coast from Koh Lanta to Krabi town/Ao Nang?

Boston...
Level Contributor
60 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi - latest ferry info

I'm not sure? Prob the 2-3 hrs one. I need to get from Lanta to Krabi in time for my flight back to Bangkok. Is there a ferry that is early enough for me to take to Krabi? Thanks.

arctica
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi - latest ferry info

You can go by car from koh Lanta to Krabi airport. It is about 2 hrs drive including two car ferries over from Lanta to the mainland. They are crossing all day from about 7.00 - 22.00, so you can choose which flight you like. Taxi price per car ca 2500 THB. Bus or other public transportation, I don`t know.

If you instead go by boat from koh Lanta to Krabi town/Ao Nang, and take a car/bus from there to the airport (ca half an hrs drive + the boat 2-3 hrs), you will reach the evening flight, or perhaps afternoon. Last year there was a boat departure from Koh Lanta at 8.00 in the morning (and also one later, around 13.00 I think), but I cannot confirm the schedule for the coming season. Perhaps you can check with your hotel (if you have booked) or travel agent?

The boat trip is very nice, but if you are in a hurry and prefer an early flight to BKK, it is better to go by car to the airport.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi - latest ferry info

Just found your post. We arrive in Krabi on 14 Dec and are staying at Anda Lanta for 6 nights - do you have any updated information on the ferry vs. car/ferry? cost and time to allow? Thanks!!!

5. Re: Ko Lanta to Krabi - latest ferry info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, September 11, 2009