We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers Ko Lanta to Khao Lak

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
10 posts
Save Topic
Transfers Ko Lanta to Khao Lak

Hi,

My wife and I have a trip to Thailand to look forward to in December. We've got 7 nights at the Layana and then we've got 8 nights in Khao Lak at the Baan KhaoLak. Thanks to all those who provided reviews on tripadvisor.

However, we've got to get from the Layana to Khao Lak. Any suggestions, 'must dos', warnings, costings, help will be geatly appreciated as not sure of the options.

Thanks

Scrawn

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,133 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers Ko Lanta to Khao Lak

Transfer options:

1) Transfer to Ao Nang from resort. Taxi Ao Nang to Khao Lak

2) ditto to Krabi Airport. Taxi Krabi Airport to Khao Lak

- phone number of local Khao Lak taxi driver called Sit from a previous post on TA - "Sit's Taxi Service mobile phone is 0810855511. He speaks Thai with a minimal of English. Have an interpretor on hand if possible......

I also might add that Sit is a license taxi service, with green license plates, insurance and permits. Many transfer drivers are not and I tend to give my money to those that have worked hard to secure the proper business requirements. This shows they are indeed in the business and not just 'scab' labor. The others are actually breaking the law and so you are on your own."

You could arrange this while you are in Lanta or ask a Lanta taxi driver. Takes about 3 - 31/2 hours.

3) Car Hire from Krabi airport - Budget allow pick up and drop off at different locations. About 1600 baht per day. Drive on left. Good roads. Straightforward route. Takes about 3 hours.