We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Long Beach Koh Lanta

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Norway
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to stay on Long Beach Koh Lanta

We are three families travelling to Koh Lanta from the 22nd - the 28th of December. We are looking for a nice place to stay either on Long Beach (preferable) or Klong Dao.

We travel with children from 2 - 11 years and are looking for a friendly atmosphere, a nice stretch of beach, clean rooms, swimmingpool (not a must) and a nice restaurant. We would very much like to stay close to the beach (with seaview if possible). Any suggestions?

We have thougth of Sayang Beach Resort as it seems to have a nice location on a nice part of Long Beach and good food. Anybody who knows this place?

We have also thought of Long Beach Resort. Seems very big, but is it nice?

Family Angell from Norway

jhvac
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Where to stay on Long Beach Koh Lanta

just got back from a week at the nakara on long beach. it was quite lovely, as long as you're not uptight and understand that the poor staff puts up with TONS of rude, demanding, offensive people all day. our room was clean and well priced, and after about a day the staff really warmed up and were a delight.

i saw more obnoxious behavior from tourists on this little stretch of sand....from women going topless (hello? open a guidebook maybe before you go to thailand) to people actually getting ANGRY that every last person didn't speak perfect english.

sorry to go on a tangent, but the nakara is getting a bad rap on this board, and i wanted to defend it. might be time for some people to get over it already.....

ko lanta is a delight, have a GREAT time!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Where to stay on Long Beach Koh Lanta

Excuse me, but why did the last post have to suggest people "get over" something, when they are only giving an honest opinion of their experience. What difference is it to you?

I believe HappytravellerNorway should know the good and the bad of anywhere suggested to make her own informed decision.

I too, am looking at staying at Koh Lanta next visit to Thailand, so any info is helpful to me.

13. Re: Where to stay on Long Beach Koh Lanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 01, 2009