We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Relax Bay

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Relax Bay

Hello

This is going to sound a bit nit-picky but I'm in search of the 'classic' beach bungalow and thought the ones on the Relax Bay site look perfect. However, I know there are two types at Relax Bay: the lovely quaint thatched ones and the not-as-lovely concrete ones. Can anyone who has been there tell me if you can get the lovely quaint ones with A/C or is it only the modern concrete ones that have A/C?

Thanks!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Relax Bay

Hello,

We stayed in two types at Relax Bay... the first was their VIP rooms. They were pretty quaint with hammocks on the balconies, good bathrooms and lovely furniture... they had air con for sure. We then stayed the 2nd night in the concrete a/c room and while it suited the purpose it would not be what you are looking for. I have heard the fan bungalows are great... they looked fantastic from the outside... but unfortunately were booked out when we were there...

If you can afford VIP then go that one.... or alternatively go the fan bungalows... none are right on the beach but most have views and the VIPS are only a short walk across some grass!

We loved Relax Bay! I have a stack of photos at www.travelblog.org/bloggers/reet and I also have some inside photos of vip if you want them.... just private message me!

Reet xx

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Relax Bay

We stayed in a fan bungalow two years ago, and it was one of my favourite memories of a very long trip. We found that you don't need the aircon, the fan was perfect and quieter, and the fact that we were right on the beach more than compensated. One tip - take a torch, it's good to see what you're stepping on at night!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Relax Bay

We found there was plenty of lighting along the paths when we were there in Jan so they must have improved the lighting since you were there! But.. on the other hand... a torch is always a good thing to have handy in Thailand anyway!!!

Reet x

4. Re: Relax Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 pm, August 27, 2009