We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

I'm trying to find out how to catch a bus straight from Bangkok airport to ayutthaya. Does anyone have any suggestions? For example a bus company, where I can catch it from, when they run etc.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
2,294 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

Which airport? There are two.

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ayutthaya
Level Contributor
920 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

I presume you mean Suvarnabhumi. Can't be done - no direct bus.

Best bet is taxi, around 1,000 Baht.

If money is more important to you than time (lots of time), then bus to Don Mueang, then train to Ayutthaya.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

Oops sorry yeah I meant suvarnabhumi. Would it be possible to get into the centre of bangkok then get a bus straight out?

Edited: 9:57 am, November 11, 2013
Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ayutthaya
Level Contributor
920 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

Possible, sort of.

Buses for Ayutthaya leave from Morchit terminal. There are buses from Suvarnabhumi to what is described as "Jatujak bus terminal". I presume this means Morchit. The buses from Morchit to Ayutthaya are very frequent.

There are also buses from Suvarnabhumi to Victory Monument where you can catch a minivan to Ayutthaya. Leave roughly every 20 minutes.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

Awesome thanks so much for that. Will look into it!

UK
Level Contributor
736 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

looking to get a taxi from new airport to ayutthuya- our flight from the Uk will arrive around 7pm. do we use the regular taxi stand at the airport?

Ayutthaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ayutthaya
Level Contributor
920 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

Yes. Regular taxi stand. Make sure they understand you want Phra Nakhorn Sri Ayutthaya (the town), not Thanon Sri Ayutthaya (the street in Bangkok). In the former case you'll be quoted a fixed fare (around about 1200 Baht), whilst the latter would be by the meter.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
17 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

On Sunday the 6th of July 2014 - around 3pm - we took a taxi from Suvarnabhumi airport to Ayutthaya. We walked to the AOT taxi stand and asked for taxi to Ayutthaya (old city). The woman wrote a receipt for 1.200 baht. It took us 70 minutes to get there. Make sure you have a map and/or address in Thai, because once the driver gets off the highway he doesn't know his way around Ayutthaya.

9. Re: Bangkok airport to ayutthaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 03, 2015