We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my experience in Ayutthaya

Indonesia
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
my experience in Ayutthaya

Finally, I've been to Ayutthaya. Thank you so much to Ayutthaya_Guy.

Because of my hectic day I just stayed in Ayutthaya just for 2 days and go back to bangkok for a week, but I experienced a lots of love there. It's my first time being a solo traveler at my 22nd birthday, and let me tell you all my story.

When I arrived at suvarnapoom airport, I try to reach Ayutthaya by any means so I'm saying good bye to taxi driver and across the street to reach shuttle bus to the nearest bus terminal. I take a white mini van number 555 to Don Mueang Train station it's cost around 55-60baht. and after you reach the train station, you must hurry up to buy the ticket it cost about 11baht and wait patiently until the train come. At first I'm so scared because my lack of speech in english and thai language and many people think that i'm a local citizen. But Thanks to God many people help me a lot, it starts from the airport, shuttle bus, mini van, don mueang train station, in train, and ayutthaya train station. None of local citizen disappointed me, a simple english talk and a lot of smile can help more then you imagine but don't for get to say thank you a lot. My journey from airport to ayutthaya about 2,5 hours (quite fast right?)

I stayed in a homestay right across the train station, just a few walks. I arrived about 3pm, after I finished about the reservation I immediately put my luggage, take my camera and rent a bicycle about 50baht/day and start trip to the eastern ayutthaya. Because I have no idea because my GPS failed to detect the place so I just followed a direction to the floating market named Ayodya (if I'm not mistaken), it's very nice there, a bit similar like the floating market in Pattaya but it's smaller. The culinary and souvenir stalls are so nice and affordable in price so don't worry. right across the floating market there's a mini zoo (sheep, elephant, tiger, and many more animal were here). From all the animals just one thing that caught my eyes is the elephant ride. Since the sun almost setting off so why not I enjoy it while riding the elephant. the place offered 2 kind of ride that cost from 700 - 1300 baht. I took the 1300 baht ride for 1,5 hours trip. The elephant take me to a few temple near the market, a monk place, and a big pound. What I loved about this ride, you can enjoy the sunset perfectly right in front of left over temple and buddha statue and when you close your eyes you can hear the bird chirping and the fish movement in the pound without any disturbing noises. such a heavenly place. The trip finished around 6pm, so I take my bike to go around again until 7pm and go back to the hostel. I never suggest you to take a trip at night since it's so dark and a lot of dogs.

Next morning at 6.30am, I accros the rive with boat (4baht/person) and go to the traditional market right in front of the boat way. So hectic at that time, many locals doing their activities. So I decided to take a breakfast in the market, and catch every moment about the locals. And some food seller give me a treat even I'm not buying their food!! and thanks a lot lot lot!!

After I take a breakfast I search a place to rent a bicycle (40baht/day), and here we go!!! I swing my pedals and visit all of the main island sites. I'm not so good to read the maps so I get lost easily but it's so FUN!! I visited almost all the temple the main temple, the new, the leftover, and the sleeping buddha. it's sounds crazy but I never imagine I can do that bicycling for +-6hours no kidding! from 7am to 2pm, I just used my instinct and threw up my map. Just one word BEAUTIFUL! there's a few temple with the fee enterance but it's cheap just 50 baht. The weather is hot but the breeze is lovely. in the noon I take a rest in some temple with a lot of bangkok rooster and the monks are so kind. and continue my ride and a bit lost, and I try to asked some old man who played with his granddaughter and a puppy, and kindly he told me the way to my start point. When I reached it, I take a meal in some halal food stall. I can't take a random food so culinary tour is a bit impossible for me. the seller so kind, she knows me that I'm muslim and we talk a lot, she suggest me to visit the sleeping buddha, and give me the direction. And viola, I finally reached the sleeping buddha take a nap for a while and made it as my last destination and go back to the riverside.

At 3pm I arrived, the hostel owner offered me a boat trip that cost 150 baht for 2 hours and will start at 4pm. I accepted it and change my smelly cloth and wait for the trip in the restaurant. Right at 4pm, I take a boat trip and it was so nice, peacefully and heaven! really, the boat trip made 4 stops. Right before sunset my boat step aside to Wat Chaiwattanarm and it's so beautiful! I recommended this wat while the sun sets off. The other place that I visited are nice too but this wat just so remarkable.

6pm I get off from the boat and take a walk to take a dinner, and about 7pm I tried to take a relaxation by taking a thai massage for 2 hours (350baht) near the hostel, it's so hurting me but so relieved . At 9pm, I packed my things because tomorrow at 7am I must go back to Bangkok. I told the owner that I must check out very early and right in the morning they wake me up by knocking my door. Before I'm leaving the hostel, the owner gave me a mineral water and some fruits and hugs me. I hold my tears and saying good bye to them. My train arrived at 8am and cost +-25baht (I forgot) to bangkok. And still the station attendant help me to reach the train by carrying my luggage.

And that was my short, remarkable, and unforgettable trip at Ayutthaya. I hope it help some traveler. So far it's the nicest place I've ever been alone.

Thank you so much for the reviewer in this forum and God's wil.

Salam..

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya Province, Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
29 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

Your trip sounds lovely! Thank you for all the details. I will be traveling to Ayutthaya for the first time in May, and I greatly appreciate your trip report!

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,329 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

I'm so glad you had a lovely time in Ayutthaya and thank you for posting such an interesting, well written report.

Isn't it wonderful how well people respond to a nice smile and good manners even though you and they speak different languages? You obviously approached people in a very gentle, respectful way and brought out the best in them.

I hope the rest of your trip was as enjoyable.

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
3. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:07 am, March 14, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

What a great report, thanks and glad you enjoyed Ayutthaya.

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Indonesia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

@tmosterm : Thank you so much!! it's my first post in this forum. I think with or without read my review your holiday still be great in ayutthaya, I'l pray your journey at ayutthaya would be great and nice. God bless you!!

Indonesia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

@Susan : Thank you so much Susan! I try my best to make a well-written review. and as I read your Profile seems you're a solo traveler, right? I want to learn how to be a solo. Because as I felt, being alone is so fun, and you can straightly connected with the other people I mean many things can be improved. but yes, safety still be my concern. I will read your post in the future. Thank you again :)

Indonesia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

@samantha : you're welcome, Sam! I'm looking forward to your blog

@Chrella : thank you so much ^^

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
187 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

Sukhothai shoud be your next trip if you liked Ayutthaya. Great review by the way.

Mentioned in this post
Sukhothai
Sukhothai
Sukhothai Province, Thailand
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
5,264 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

Such an interesting read! I have been to Thailand many times but not to Ayutthaya. Your report has made me determined to get there on my next trip.

Thank you.

Trisha

Mentioned in this post
Ayutthaya
Ayutthaya
Indonesia
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: my experience in Ayutthaya

@John : thank you for suggestion, maybe next year I'll set my plan to go there.

@missindy :thank you so much! you must go there and if you ever go to siem reap, Cambodia. you probably will fall in love with ayutthaya.

Mentioned in this post