We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day trip to Rameshwaram

Bangalore
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
One day trip to Rameshwaram

Dear Experts,

I'm planning a trip to Madurai - Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari in mid of August 2013 with family (wife & 2 kids, 4 & 1 yr old). I'll be catching a train from Madurai at 06:00 hrs & reaching Rameshwaram at around 09:15 hrs. I've train to Kanyakumari on the same day 20:45 hrs. so i've time from say 10 AM until 8 pm to cover Rameshwaram. Need your help & suggestions to plan entire day so as to cover must see places without much trouble to kids.

Do you guys suggest to hire a local cab or go for a tour package or something. Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kodaikanal, India
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day trip to Rameshwaram

Hi Vijay

You can get Lot options for sight seeing in Railways Station Itself .like Cabs, Mini Bus etc, By Cab 800 - 1000, and By Mini Bus 150 -200

Your's Traveller Friend

$ichot

Bangalore
Level Contributor
9 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day trip to Rameshwaram

Appreciate your quick response Sichot, what are the must see places in Rameshwaram..?

3. Re: One day trip to Rameshwaram

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 17, 2014