We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Condition of kodai road

Which Kodaikanal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Condition of kodai road

Hi,

I am travelling on 17 mar 2013 to kodaikanal via dindigul,batalagundu,kodai road. I was told the road is in pathetic condition. Also the road from Palani to kodai is also very bad. Can anyone give me a alternate routr.

Madurai, India
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Condition of kodai road

I hv recently travelled to Kodai.The safest and better route is via Batlagundu.

Road is not that bad as it is the main road cnnects Madurai and lot's vehicles passing through this every day.

Muralidhar.

Candolim, India
Level Contributor
205 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Condition of kodai road

Hi Muralidhar,

Compare to Battlagundu - Kodaikanal Ghats road, Palani - Kodaikanal Ghats Rood condition is good. Not Advice-able to climb alone after 6:00pm.

Princess of Hills Awaits for you

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Condition of kodai road

Thanks a ton.

Kodaikanal, India
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Condition of kodai road

Dear Ssuds21

if you are coming from Bangalore

easiest and Nearest route - Bangalore - Salem - Karur - Dindugal - Battlagundu - Kodaikanal

Battlagundu - kodaikanal Ghats Section is road will Broad and Hair Pin. and Safe to Drive for 24*7

Your's Traveller Friend

$ichot

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Condition of kodai road

I drove to Kodaikanal during Dec last week.

You have to take a turn towards Batlagundu from NH7 to Kodaikanal, there were marked deviations in the highway to help. Kodai road and kodaikanal are different, I was confused with these two so mentioning. There were road construction work in the Batlagundu - Periyakulum stretch, so the direction boards in the road were removed so be careful to take the correct diversion to Kodaikanal after Batlagundu . The 50 km kodai ghat roads are fairly steep but fairly maintained till the start of Kodai town. Occasionally certain parts of the road were tiled, looked like there will be water flow across the road in raining season. The more nearer you to Kodai, the road conditions will deteriorate with many potholes and rough patches.

See my Kodaikanal travel blog - …travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

6. Re: Condition of kodai road

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 22, 2014