We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large get together around coimbatore

Chennai (Madras...
2 posts
Save Topic
Large get together around coimbatore

About 40-50 families (standard Indian family of 2 Kids!!!!) are planning to get together in June 2013. We are looking for a quiet place which could accommodate this large group. Will be spending 2-3 days with events marking get together and also a bit of sight seeing. Can anyone suggest such a place? If any of you have had such a get together please share your experiences.

Thanks and rgs

Dr.S.Selvapandian

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,524 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large get together around coimbatore

Hi

Boils down to your budget

Black thunder Mettupalayam is an option, but you will need to book up the entire resort for if i remember right, it has about 40 rooms / cottages in all.

Sterling at Ooty is another option which takes in large groupls like yours. . .

There used to be a OK resort on the Anaikatti range called Corniche Inn. I'm not sure if this is still around and maybe you want to check on it.

Your other option is to book up the Golf Club for a dinner/party while you stay in the city and have day trips / meetings to various locations by a couple of buses.

regards

Rajan

Mentioned in this post
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
The Nilgiris District, India
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large get together around coimbatore

Hi...

For the size of the group you have described (which, I assume should be around 100+), Black Thunder Resorts would be one option nearest to Coimbatore. Else, you need to look out for places in Ooty/Connoor. It would be ideal if you look at resorts like Sterling, Mahindra etc as they would be friendly on the budget and will have good place for the activities normally related to this kind of a group. I don't see any kind of resort which has the room capacity and facility requirement for this big a group inside Coimbatore other than hotels which might not have the space.

Regards

Prasanna

Mentioned in this post
Coimbatore
Coimbatore
Coimbatore District, India
3. Re: Large get together around coimbatore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 pm, June 17, 2013