We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

cochin
1 post
Save Topic
route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

Hello

Can anyone help me with easiest route directions from Munnar to kodaikanal.I am travelling by my own car.

Thankyou.

Best Regards

soup

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

There is a non motorable road, but short road from Kodaikanal to Munnar that used to be motorable many years ago, and which I understand might get reopened sometime in the future. Now I think the best way is to drive down the hills to Vettalagondu, and then Theni-Cumbum to Kumili, where you enter Kerala,and from there to Munnar. I havent been on this route myself, though.

Cochin
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

you can reach kodai from munnar with 3 Various route. its depends on which place you stay at Munnar, if you are staying at Munnar Town, you can drive down Marayoor. or if you are staying away from Munnar city. From Club Mahinder there is a Short route drive to kodai. our you can reach kumali to drive towards kodai.

Redards,

Nivi

Bangalore
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

There are 2 good routes with decent roads.

Kodaikanal->Batlagundu->Periyakulam->Theni->Bodi->BodiMettu->Munnar.

Kodaikanal->Batlagundu->Periyakulam->Theni->Cumbam->Kumily->Thekkady->Munnar.

United Arab Emirates
Level Contributor
390 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

The shortest viable route is Munnar Bodi Theni Periyakulam Vattalakundu Kodaikanal.

From Munnar if you are also going to Thekkady - Periyar, then there is a direct sign posted road from Thekkady going to Kodaikanal, but you still have to pass Theni and Vattalakundu.

Please do NOT believe anyone who tells you to take the "short cut" from Top Station to Kodai via Berijam lake, the road is out of bounds unless you have written permission from the PCCF office Chennai and secondly it is in horrendous condition, overgrown and broken; possibly only sturdy jeeps and maybe 2 wheelers can go through.

salem
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

the best route is

Munnar-Bodi-Theni-Periyakulam-Ghat road -OOTHU-Kodaikanal (dont go to Batlagundu- it is unnecessary)

all rounder
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

there is direct way from munnar to kodai through hill .... if guys want any kind of adventure & thrills... use this route .... 92 km u have to travel in hills ...

Cochin
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

How is the present condition of the road from Munnar to Bodi? Is it motorable by car (self drive)? I suppose it is part of NH 49.

8. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:53 am, May 02, 2009
9. Re: route directions from munnar to kodaikanal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:54 am, October 28, 2009