We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling from kochi to kodaikanal

Which Kodaikanal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dpm
Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
travelling from kochi to kodaikanal

I am planning to travel with my family from Cochin to Kodaikanal on 23 july 2007.

Can some please advice me of the best mode of travel either train or Bus .

Regards

Dubai
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling from kochi to kodaikanal

Bus is more appropriate but there are no direct buses to Kodaikanal from Kerala. You might need to come to Kumily and from there get the Dindugul local buses to Cumbum or Vatalakundu. From Vatalakundu you will get buses every half hour to Kodaikanal.

I travelled from Changanacherry by Private Bus to Kumliy and from there used the Dindugul Local Buses to travel to Kodaikanal

Bangalore
Level Contributor
2,429 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling from kochi to kodaikanal

I was in Kodaikanal last week, and the only way to go there, from Cochin ,in my view, is by road. From Cochin take a bus to Kumily and then you need to cross the border into Tamil Nadu and take a bus, via Theni/Cumbum and Vithalagundu (the small town on the foothills). The distance is about 325 kms and should take you about 7 hours.

Going any other way is much longer and will take significantly longer.

3. Re: travelling from kochi to kodaikanal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, September 05, 2009