We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amritsar visit

Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Topic
amritsar visit

We are planning to arrive in amritsar on sunday,9 December at 7am from mumbai by train and leaving on same day for jammu by train (12.50 AM)

Planning to visit Golden Temple, Jalianwalah Bagh and Wagah border.

kindly guide about

where to stay?(i.e near to amritsar station or Golden Temple)

transportation (which is the good option to travel with)

Is thr any document required to visit wagha border (i.e Passport, PAN card)

Mentioned in this post
Wagah Border
Wagah Border
3,189 Reviews
Amritsar, India
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
40,692 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amritsar visit

rahulm1980

Visit Golden Temple, Jalianwala Bagh & Durgiana Mandir after breakfast which can be done by Auto Rickshaw, the places are close to each other. After lunch, around 3 p.m. get a cab for both way, start for Wagha Border [no requirement of ID]. You should be back to hotel by 7 p.m. Fresh-n up and get ready for the train.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10:53 pm, September 21, 2011
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amritsar visit

there are plenty of options to stay near the station like the raj continental- INR 1900, sanjog international- INR 1600, shiraz regency INR 1050, these rates are per night shiraz is the best option but is usually full

once you have kept you luggage at the hotel and have freshened up proceed to the golden temple and Jalianwala Bagh by auto rickshaw or cycle rickshaw as these are the two most common transportation vehicles that will easily cut through the traffic -both these places are very close to each other

after lunch you should proceed to the Wagah border by 3 PM by a cab or an auto rickshaw - hire for both sides and you should be back after the flag ceremony by 7

once back in Amritsar enjoy a meal at the crystal restaurant rated as the best restaurant in the city on queens road very close to your hotel and check out by 11:30 from your hotel as the station is just 5 min from the hotel

enjoy your stay at Amritsar

Mentioned in this post
Wagah Border
Wagah Border
3,189 Reviews
Amritsar, India
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
adelaide, australia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amritsar visit

Hi Rahul

I guess the itinerary described by Mr. Ashish would perfect for your trip.

But since Amritsar is a small city, i would suggest you to try our some of the most exclusive delicacies of this part. I would suggest Surjit's roasted chicken on Lawrence Road or Bhrawan da dhaba for sumptous veg food in the old city.

As Amritsar is a pretty small city, I would like to suggest you to stay in the modern part of the city, which is again in proximity of 4-5 kms to all these places. The best properties in Amritsar have come up in area called ranjit avenue, which is directly linked to the Wagha Border Road and Railway Station is 2.5 Kms.

You can have a look at new properties like Best Merrion(3000-4200), Hotel MK(2200-3500), and Hotel P.R. Residency (1200-2500) to name a few.

My personal advice to stay in such areas to have a comfortable stay.

Hope you have a great trip In Amritsar

Regards

Ankit Khanna

Edited: 1:08 pm, September 23, 2011
Mentioned in this post
Amritsar
Amritsar
Amritsar District, India
Mumbai, India
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: amritsar visit

Thanks....

Delhi
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: amritsar visit

Hi

can any one get me phoe numbers of good hotels like Raj cont etc for Rs 1500-2000/ night stay with pickup facilities from railway station

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
2,597 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: amritsar visit

the numbers for raj continental are

0183-2566990 upto 92

they do not provide pick and drop service but can arrange it for you at an additional charge

i paid INR 1910/- for one night stay that included the buffet breakfast in the morning as well

7. Re: amritsar visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, October 23, 2012