We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

Which Amritsar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

We are planning to visit the Wagah Border during our 1-day trip to Amritsar, during the winters in Dec'11.

Our domestic flight departing Amritsar to Delhi is scheduled 7.30PM on same day.

Wondering would we have time to make a visit to the Wagah Border; start journey from Amritsar to the border via jeep around 3PM, reaching there about 4.30PM (Journey : 1 and a half hours).

Q: What time would be the start of the ceremony and when will it ends?

Because after the end of ceremony, we will make a dash back to Amritsar to the airport (journey: 1 and a half hours) by 6.30PM, and board our flight. Thus we do need to know for sure of the timing of the ending of ceremony to adjust our schedule accordingly.

Do you think is it risky or is it doable?

Any kind advices would be most appreciated :)

Thank you!

Best Regards.

69 replies to this topic
Pune, India
1 post
Save Reply
31. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

we are planning to see Golden temple - Amritsar and Wagha Border in Dec 12. We will reach Amritsar at 2 pm and will leave to delhi on same day in the night at 9 pm

Can we able to see both the places.

How much time is required for seeing the golden temple

What is the wagha border ceremony timing in Dec 12

How much total time is required from Amritsar - Wagha Border ceremony and back to Amritsar

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
32. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

We 11 friends are planning to visit Wagah border on 20th september. Please help us what time should we go there to have a better view of whole ceremony.

curchorem, Goa
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

your answers are very helpful guys,, thanks a lot.. i plan to visit in october end.. i shall reach in afternoon, visit wagah border the first day, next day early morning temple visit, then head to chandigarh.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
195 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

Dear Suggest you must reach by 4, so that you can have space for seating ,

Nagpur
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
35. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

Dear Ashis,

Please let us know if the Wagah Border change of guard ceremony is still on. I have been told by a couple of people that it is closed temporary. Is it so ?

We are plannng a one day visit to Amritsar on 5th. Morning November 2013. We will each by morning 8 am from delhi and depart same day at 11 pm in the night. What all is worth seeing besides Golden Temple (for which we are going) and Wagah Border (if open still). Also wanted to get info as to are their any fixed darshan timings in the Golden Temple or we can be their whole day along and how kuch time does it take to see it fully ?

Regarrds,

Rajesh

Purulia, West...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
36. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

I am planning to visit Amritsar in the end of December 2013. I will stay in Amritsar which is almost 25 km away from Wagah border. I would like to visit the place. Please let me know the exact timing of ceremony in Wagah border and also the places of tourist attraction in Amritsar.

Thanks

Amritsar, India
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
37. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

In winters timings will b around 4.30 to 5.00 PM.

You have much time to board flight or can also opt tele checkin option for flight.

But make sure you have advance transport booking with you......this will help you def.

Ajmer, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

dear mr. ashish,

i will reach in amritsar 2nd june. 10;30 am and i will go srinagar 3rd june 09:00 am.

and i want to visit golden temple and wagah border . is it possible to visit both things in 1 day.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,317 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

Yes. It is possible.

Visit Golden Temple on your arrival and Jalianwala Bagh thereafter.

Later, immediately after lunch proceed towards Wagha Border. Your early arrival at Wagha Border will ensure vantage viewing position.

Have a good trip.

CarLink

Ajmer, India
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!

what is the perfect time to reach wagah border in june.

Reply to: Wagah Border - Duration and Timings - Advice Appreciated!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted