We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Some help in planning my itenary for Punjab

Noida
Level Contributor
245 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Some help in planning my itenary for Punjab

I am planning to visit Punjab in March 2008.

Pl suggest me a few things which should help me plan my itenary . i am travelling from Delhi and plan to cover amritsar, phagwara, atari and kirathpur. Actually idea is to experience authentic punjab villages.

Also suggest any heritage guest houses at the above locations which should certainly help in staying within the sarson ke khet.

Thanx

Vikky

near Rochester...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Some help in planning my itenary for Punjab

Hi Vikky.

Trouble with Punjab is it's not very touristy like Rajsthan etc. I stay in a villages called Ghataron and Bora near Nawanshahar and Garshankar which are around 3 hrs from Amritsar and 2 from Mohali (Chandigarh).

You will be better off if you don't travel there much or at all to stay in Chandigargh, Ludhiana or Amritsar where you'll find a number of hotels. I know that the Hotel Ranjit Svaasa in Amritsar is good and is a heritage hotel. can't help with the others as I always go back to the village from odd day's out.

I have an adopted family through Punjabi friends in the UK who have some family in Ghataron so 2-4 weeks of my annual trip to India is spent with thema dnthe other 2 weeks go on tours in Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh etc.

If you want to contact me:

jonnyboy973@hotmail.com

2. Re: Some help in planning my itenary for Punjab

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 17, 2009