We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in the Punjab?

Which Amritsar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belbroughton, UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in the Punjab?

We are flying to Amritsar at the end of October and be seeing some friends in Jalandhar for a few days. We then have two weeks free. Should we spend time in the Kangra Valley and surrounding area or go down to the Golden Triangle (where I have been before ) and do the tourist bit?

Suggestions please.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in the Punjab?

Kangra Valley sounds great but if you see that it´s too cold then go down but dont repeat the triangle, try Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer or fly to any other city in India, two weeks is a long time!

Amritsar,Punjab
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in the Punjab?

well come and see golden temple in amritsar,seethe wagah ceremony as well and recomeded destination for you is dharamshala which is land of lamas ,dalai lama is based there moreover just 200 kms from amritsar......well doing Gt again wont work..you shld try kangra valley this time around.

Noida
Level Contributor
245 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in the Punjab?

Hi Vinny,

I am planning to visit Punjab in March 2008.

Pl suggest me a few things which should help me plan my itenary . i am travelling from Delhi and plan to cover amritsar, phagwara, atari and kirathpur. Actually idea is to experience authentic punjab villages.

Also suggest any heritage guest houses at the above locations which should certainly help in staying within the sarson ke khet.

Thanx

Vikky

4. Re: Where to go in the Punjab?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, September 13, 2009