We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

Hello

Can you guide me how long does it take via taxi from Munnar to Rameswaram? How is the route? Is it fully mountaineous or partially mountaineou? Also please tell if it would be ok leaving Munnar around 3 pm?

thanks

Nitin

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

It should take 7 hrs by road from Munnar to Rameshwaram. The route will be Munnar - Theni - Madurai - Paramakudi - Rameshwaram. Roads from Munnar to Theni are in OK state and partly mountaineous, rest should be good enough for a decent drive. Leaving Munnar by 3 PM is quite safe and can plan to reach the destination by 10 PM.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

It should take 7 hrs by road from Munnar to Rameshwaram. The route will be Munnar - Theni - Madurai - Paramakudi - Rameshwaram. Roads from Munnar to Theni are in OK state and partly mountaineous, rest should be good enough for a decent drive. Leaving Munnar by 3 PM is quite safe and can plan to reach the destination by 10 PM.

Edited: 2:23 pm, September 19, 2012
Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

thanks for your reply. Actually I am not sure if I would be going to Rameswaram from Munnar or Allepey ?

Can I ask you if I plan to go to Rameswaram from Allepey houseboats area, how long it should take via taxi if I start in the morning?

Thanks

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
186 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

From Alleppey to Rameshwaram, the route is Alleppey - Chengannur - Thenkasi - Puliyangudi - Kovilpatti - Rameshwaram. It should take 8.30 hrs for the travel as the roads a little better than from Munnar.

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

thanks for your reply. Also, can you tell me if it is possible and worth to take houseboat in evening (around 4pm) (let's say Saturday) in Allepey ? uptill Sunday afternoon? so that I can go to Munnar from there and reach same day (Sunday) ?

this way, I can see Munnar on Monday and leave to Rameswaram around 3/4 pm.

Please advise as some people say that Allepey houseboats are from say 12pm to next day morning. I mean do all the boats are gone by 9 am ?

6. Re: Munnar --> Rameswaram by taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 13, 2013