We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

Bathinda, Punjab...
4 posts
Save Topic
is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

hii sir,

i jst want 2 knw whether may or june can be months 2 go 2 kerala as we don't hv children,s vacation b4r....

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
287 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

You can expect rains from 2nd half of April also, may not be continuous. Rainy season - monsoon - starts in Kerala by mid May and hence May and June cannot be considered as good time to visit Kerala. There will be heavy rainfall that restricts you from coming out of your shelter.

Bathinda, Punjab...
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

thx 4r ur feedback

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

Yes it is a good time to visit in Kerala. Monsoon does not start before mid June unlike what TT_Chennai is propagating here.

My dear TT_Chennai, pls refrain from giving wrong information in this forum. Your take on monsoons in Kerala needs to be updated, monsoon does not start in April or May anymore, since last two years it has been commencing only by June and goes on till late August / September first half. Besides unlike yester years monsoon today is an enjoyable experience with lower intensity of rains and short durations. This is the best time to see Kerala in the best shades of GREEN, nature is its full bloom.

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

I am visiting kerala. In may month people say that you need to have a lot of sunscreen while going for beaches. Is it true. And also please tell me in may month will i find lot of tourist in and around the lakes like periyar, matupatti.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

yes, The rains may starts only by first week of June. Weather it is enjoyable or not, I do not know. But, life goes normal in Kerala, during Monsoon.

Suresh P R

Aurangabad...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

Is it worth staying for two nights at Munnar? or 1 night is sufficient while travelling with family?

Aurangabad...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

Is it worth staying for two nights at Munnar when travelling with family?

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

Hi

As on my experience, I believe the best time to visit Kerala(in general) is between Aug 2nd week and up to 1st week of March. In case of hill stations, the period will be long depending up own the altitude of the particular station.

Of course May will be hot and June will be rainy. As you don't have children with you, I prefer to suggest you to travel in June rather than in May.

regards

indu

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

I have been to Munnar in May and have found it to be good. I have been to many other parts of Kerala in May and found it to be unbearably hot, humid and muggy. Of course, life goes on everywhere. It is currently very uncomfortable in Mumbai, but my life has to go on :)

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is it May can be good time 2 visit kerala????

Thanks @gatherin i will be on 9th may in kerala. I live in jaipur and right now we have 44,C temp. And in may it will be 48'C. So i think humidity is only thing of concern. For this i had planned an ac car. Any thing else.... please suggest