We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Munnar to Mysore

London, England
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel from Munnar to Mysore

Hope everyone is well

I am looking to travel between Munnar to Mysore and I am looking for the best option and any recomendtion

I am happy to travek by bus or even a taxi, but need to know how much it would cost for a bus or a cab and where I can find the bus or a taxi to take us there

I am traveling with my wife from the 11/02 to 03/03

Any help would be very greatfull

Chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Tamil Nadu
Level Contributor
3,156 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Munnar to Mysore

Hi

Your Best option in terms of Comfort and added bonus of scenic attractions on the way is by your own cab. However, the flip side is the cost. Not only would they charge you for the return leg as well, the cost can be amost 10 (or even more) than the cost of a public transport (read Bus / Train).

If it is the cab, you can drive to Mysore via Coimbatore, Coonoor, Ooty, Bandipur which means you get to do another hill station (Ooty), a wild life sanctuary (Bandipur).

You can still do this by a bus, but i am not sure on where you board them and where you switch buses. Maybe others in this forum, with relevant knowledge of the public transport system may help . . .

regards

Rajan

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Munnar to Mysore

hi Living_a_dream , you can try a bus/taxi trip from Munnar to Coimbatore and then again a bus to Mysore. Munnar to Coimbatore s 160 kms approx and Coimbatore to Mysore is another 200 Kms. but as mrajank had mentioned , a cab trip is the best possible option.

a direct train travel is also not possible through ernakulam,coimbatore or the nearby rly stations.

Cabs would charge around INR10000 .

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
956 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Munnar to Mysore

I was curious to Know whether your itinerary is freezed and whether you would touch Kochi or ernakulam at any point of your itinerary in which case you can opt for a train from Ernakulam to Coimbatore and then a cab to Mysore .

PS: There are some KSRTC buses from Kerala (starting from Trivandrum) to Mysore, however there are no fixed timings and you have to enquire in any of the KSRTC bus stands. I am so sure about this as I was coming back from Coorg to bangalore today and on the way the same bus overtook us.

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Munnar to Mysore

Best option is Tuticorin-Mysore Exp Train. No-16731

Catch this train from Dindugal Junction at 21:15, You will reach at Mysore next morning 10 am.

Sleeper Rs/216, a/c 3 -Rs 611, a/c-2- Rs- 846.

Dindugal junction is 137 kilometers away from munnar town.

Catch Munnar to Theni bus 70 kilometer. (Ghat section buses move slowly only, take around 3 hours travel time).

Theni to Dindugal 67 kms by bus ( 2 hrs travel time, every 5 to 10 minutes bus starting from theni to dindugal).

Munnar, India
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Munnar to Mysore

Dear Sir/Madam

There is one KSRTC Bus starting form Munnar to Bangalore via Mysore. Bus starting time I think 3 Pm from Munnar town. Ticket charge around INR-400/person. advanced booking is possible from Munnar KSRTC bus stand.

Try to catch that bus,good luck.

London, England
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Munnar to Mysore

Thank you for all your reply, I am looking to ge to mysore for shivratri so we can celebrate there instead see below plan of trip, if you know any good site that we can contact while we are out there please inbox me

Kochin > munnar

Munnar > mysore

Mysore > Hampi via Bangalore

Hampi > mumbia

7. Re: Travel from Munnar to Mysore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, April 19, 2013