We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar-Madurai-Thekkady next week- is it safe?

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Munnar-Madurai-Thekkady next week- is it safe?

We are flying to Cochin tonight (17/12) and had the following itinerary: Cochin (1n), Munnar (2N), Madurai (2N), Thekkady (2N), Kumarakom (2N), Cochin (1N). I have arraned for a car + driver starting from Cochin

I just read some posts from a few days ago saying the border between Kerala and Tamil Nadu was closed and there was significant unrest. Is this still the case now?

We are planning to travel between Munnar and Madurai on 20 Dec and from Madurai to Periyar/Thekkady on Dec 22 and then on to Kumarakom after spending 2 nights in Thekkady.

Is it safe to travel to Munnar-Madurai-Thekkady?

Can someone PLEASE advice where exactly are the trouble areas (Kumil border only?) and what would I need to skip in my itinerary to avoid trouble (e.g. Madurai only? or also Thekkady?)

I would not like to, for example, to cross from Munnar to Madurai and then be stuck in Madurai without being able to return to Kerala for the rest of my trip!

Help please!!!!

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Munnar-Madurai-Thekkady next week- is it safe?

In the present situation, better to avoid Madura - Periyar road.

Suresh

2. Re: Munnar-Madurai-Thekkady next week- is it safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 17, 2012