We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tea house stay

Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Tea house stay

My husband and I will be traveling to Kerala in January. We are both foodies and really into healthy vegetarian eating. We want to stay at a tea plantation where we can learn about and enjoy the tea. We also are interested in a place that has an auryuvadic spa. If it's possible to see a pepper farm or stay in that area we would also be interested.

Any suggestions?

Also wondering how the weather will be at this time for packing clothes.

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Tea house stay

The weather is great in January . Pretty pleasant in Kerala, a little chilly in Munnar ( carry a fleece)

For tea plantation tours, you would need to arrange this beforehand. You cant just walk into one on reaching there. Some luxury camps etc have that as part of package ( costs over USD 400 a night). Then there are other old guest houses that are in middle of tea garden ( about USD 250 a night)

You can take a spice plantation touretc.

I am sure there is some spice plantation stays as well, again all depends on how far you want to live from Munnar and what you want to pay.

Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tea house stay

thanks for that information. Sounds like we need to find a good tour guide for the area. We are flying into Delhi and plan to use Delhi Magic .... but haven't decided on anyting for our time in the south.

You say it depends on how far you want to be from Munnar, this will be the end of our trip, we just want to relax, so being away from the city is good for us.

Cochin(Munnar)
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tea house stay

The weather is gud in January . Pretty pleasant in Kerala,

The TATA tea company holds the tea plantation area,If u need the heritage europion style old bunglows,u need to pay around 6000Rs for one room.3 bed room available in bunglow hole it need around 18000 Rs.break first is free,Additional 250 Rs needed for Meals.In this bunglow area no one will disturbe u,u can enjoy pleasunt stay by gud air,some of the bunglows areas closer to wild life routes like ellephent,Buffullows, deer etc.Most of europeans slike to stay here.Transpotation is not avilable ,u can possible to take a taxi from town .the above are located 5-10km around city.Some of the bunglow area have cardummum plantation .u can possible to do spice tour with tour operator.The ayurveic spa's located only in resorts .Avoid dec20-Jan10 most buzy time.If u need any help dont hesitate to give a PM to me.

I am sure there is some spice plantation stays as well, again all depends on how far you want to live from Munnar and what you want to pay.

Pondicherry, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tea house stay

Thought that you'd find this a good fit for your foodie interests. I haven't been there myself but it's been on my radar. See http://harithafarms.com/food.html

Texas
Level Contributor
64 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tea house stay

thanks for your ideas, we used I Love Kerala and have been very happy with their services. We will spend a couple days in Munnar touring farms etc... then a houseboat overnight and a couple days in Cochin.

Everything looks wonderful and I'm looking forward to it.

Coimbatore, India
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tea house stay

hi

For visting munnar and for staying there just check the reviews in trip advisor

hope you will like Aranyaka resorts or homestay . they can arrange trekking, night journey, ...etc.Then stay at house boat or visit web site of aranyakaresorts

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tea house stay

Did you see the Pimenta Spice Garden?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g297633-d325473…

Not a tea plantation but for sure a food-focused lodging.

8. Re: Tea house stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 20, 2013