We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good scenic location to stay in munnar

10 posts
Good scenic location to stay in munnar

I know there are so many hotels and homestays are there in a radious of starting from 0-20km. Could any one suggest me which place to choose for better scenic view. Like.. Chithirapuram or pallivasal, or devikulam, or chinnakkanal, or near mattupetty road..we will move thekaddy from munnar on 3rd day morning.. Need your suggestion friends.

9 replies to this topic
10 posts
1. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

I have heard that there are some roads works going on but not sure exactly in which place in munnar.. Please suggest on that as well so that we can avoid that place..

Kerala, India
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

The GAP ROAD is closed during Morning.

Best locations with scenic beauty are in Chittirapuram, Chillakanal, suriyanelli etc Becoz you can see lot of Tea Plantation with mountains everywhere.

The Fog MUNNAR

Mountain Club

Spice Tree

Are some of the best resorts in that area with nice reviews

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
3. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

I would suggest you stay in Chinnakanal area, which is about 20 kms away from Munnar town. Premium properties in Chinnakanal area – Club Mahindra, Cloud View, Spice Tree, and Mountain Club Resort. Munnar Terrace and Siena Village are in the medium range.

10 posts
4. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

Thank you for your suggestions.

Can you please let me know GAP road is situated in which place i mean munnar to chinnakkanal road or munnar to chithirapuram direction.

We will be there 4 person, ie 2couple s and we need 2rooms for 2days. Our budget is 1000 to 1500 rs after any discounts for a single roome, could you please let me know if i would get a good hotle,homestays in your said location with a good scenic view.

Some one was saying munnar kairali in chithirapuram was okay for stay not sure for there food options and the scenic views. Need your suggestion if you have any idea for the same.

10 posts
5. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

Thank you for your suggestions.

Can you please let me know GAP road is situated in which place i mean munnar to chinnakkanal road or munnar to chithirapuram direction.

We will be there 4 person, ie 2couple s and we need 2rooms for 2days. Our budget is 1000 to 1500 rs after any discounts for a single roome, could you please let me know if i would get a good hotle,homestays in your said location with a good scenic view.

Some one was saying munnar kairali in chithirapuram was okay for stay not sure for there food options and the scenic views. Need your suggestion if you have any idea for the same.

10 posts
6. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

Thank you jackpaul@1 for your suggestions for the chinnakkanal area.but my budget is around 1k to 1.5k for a single room as mentioned in my above comments. I need your help regarding the same.

As you have mentioned it is near about 20km from munnar so i think, it would be taking extra 1:30hr for to and fro. We will be reaching there aroun 8pm at night it is safe or not?

What is the road conditions, is there any public transport, is there any market nearby and if i would get any restaurant there?

I would like to know about my above queries . please help..

Edited: 12:17 am, January 24, 2018
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
7. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

Latest newspaper report says that because of some land slide in gap closed.It is closed in night also.

There is only one route is reach there.kunjitanni poopara rajakkad chinnakanal route.it will take 2 hrs before.

Beware of that before booking hotels

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
8. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

If your budget is only 1k to 1.5k, then you should look for places in Munnar town area itself. Look also for OYO rooms or home stays.

Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Good scenic location to stay in munnar

You could check thoppil Homestay,which is located between adimaly and munnar. Apprx 15km from Munar and in a very peaceful location. I stayed there last year. Wonderful location amidst nature, but little higher than ur budget. 2.2k. If you are ready to compromise cost, have a look at it. You will love the location for sure.

Reply to: Good scenic location to stay in munnar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted