We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night stay in desert possible or not in Jan 2014?

Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Night stay in desert possible or not in Jan 2014?

Hi!

Sorry if this has been asked already on this forum, but I can't seem to get a clear answer.

Some friends and I would love to spend a night out in the Great Rann of Kutch (sunset to sunrise). On some sites I read that entry into the Great Rann is not allowed after 7-8 pm at night. However, my understanding is that this holds only if you're living in Bhuj and are driving to the desert. If we stay in one of the village homestays close to the desert, like Shaam e Sarhad or Gateway to Rann, would we be able to step out late at night and take a vehicle / safari into the Great Rann?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night stay in desert possible or not in Jan 2014?

Hi amiya,

You are right. If you stay at resorts in rann then you can do so but those resorts need to be booked much in advance because they open in mid october and then they are full in just couple of days so advance booking is must for staying at night in rann. Have a nice trip.

Cheers

Ahmedabad, India
Level Contributor
382 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night stay in desert possible or not in Jan 2014?

Dear Amiya,

Night stay at White rann is memorable experience. I have posted my white rann pics at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTQWquWbLwI

Vadodara, India
Destination Expert
for Gujarat, Kutch, Bhuj
Level Contributor
1,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night stay in desert possible or not in Jan 2014?

Well there still more...

This year rann utsav has 1 night, 2 night, 3 night (New Year Special), full moon, weekend, special valentine, special mahashivratri packages. Childrens below 5 yrs will be free without extra matress. The package includes to and fro transfers from Bhuj City Railway Station/Airport, all meals & half day sight seeing tour to white rann. Anyone can cook directly by the link provided below

http://booking.rannutsav.net/

or can call the Gujarat Tourism's Toll Free Number at 1800 270 2700. Have a nice trip.

Cheers

Cheers

Level Contributor
52 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night stay in desert possible or not in Jan 2014?

Thanks a lot for the replies!

Pratik, the pics are lovely. I look forward all the more to my visit now.

Abhay, you were right, all the desert homestays seem to be fully booked around full moon time in January! I'll try my luck for February, or try contacting the Gujart Govt. Tourism number for more ideas. Thanks again!

5. Re: Night stay in desert possible or not in Jan 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 08, 2014