We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xbalanque to Mayan Princess

Tampa, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Xbalanque to Mayan Princess

Is it safe and easy to walk on the beach at night between these two hotels? Has anyone stayed at Xbalanque Orchid Casita? Trying to decide where to stay for an early May wedding at Xbalanque...

Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xbalanque to Mayan Princess

I'd call that about.8 of a mile of beach... about half a mile beyond Las Rocas, kind of the far north end of West Bay Beach. I wouldn't do it at night... You'd probably be fine... but that's a lot of walking in the dark... even if the bad guys aren't out, I'd be thinking about dogs and such...

I wander the world
Level Contributor
4,330 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xbalanque to Mayan Princess

It is a very easy walk..all flat. all beach save for the bridge over an inlet. I have never had any trouble with dogs out there...when I am on the island I spend a fair amount of time walking between West End and West Bay..though in the past few years the heebie geebies get to me some days on those days I don't do it alone. There are all kinds of stories about people getting stopped and robbed along the beach during the day light. Hard to say what it is like after dark, perhaps the night shift is bandit free. :0)

Were I you, I would strike up a relationship with one of the water taxi guys..maybe they will work you a deal. I know the land taxi guys do it often.

3. Re: Xbalanque to Mayan Princess

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West End