We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roatan East End- Port Royal

Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Roatan East End- Port Royal

We are considering renting a place in Port Royal- wondering what the best activities in that area as well as best places for snorkeling might be. We are planning to rent a car for the week. We have been in West End for many years, but have not yet explored the East End. Also wondering if there are any safety issues -beyond the usual precautions we all take where ever we go?

Mentioned in this post
West End
West End
Roatan, Honduras
Roatan
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Roatan East End- Port Royal

Actually I live in Port

Royal and that is not true, not sure where that came from.

Roatan
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Roatan East End- Port Royal

I have lived in the Eastern End of Roatan for 5 yrs now and love it. Port Royal is a great place, great snorkeling, and tranquil. If you want a quiet get away, this area is the best. Yes, it is safe. Some of the west enders belive it is not but as long as you travel safely, as you would anywhere, it is. Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Roatan
Roatan
Bay Islands, Honduras
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,494 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Roatan East End- Port Royal

I'm not sure why we would want to bring back a thread from over a year ago...

Edited: 10:14 pm, May 23, 2013
Connecticut
Level Contributor
16 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Roatan East End- Port Royal

Not sure either- but I guess I should report that we had a great time- the weather was pretty cool and windy so we did not get the snorkeling that we were really hoping for, but it was tranquil and lovely and fine for a week.

15. Re: Roatan East End- Port Royal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West End