We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coconut tree cabins

Which West End hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tulsa
Level Contributor
101 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
coconut tree cabins

Hello all. I am looking at taking a group of male divers to west end later in the year and I have been trying to decide where to stay. the pictures on the website for coconut tree cabins .

www.coconuttreecabins.com/west_end_cabins

looks fine to me. But after reading some of the reviews here I am concerned. COuld anyone that has actually been there tell me something? Are the pictures acurate? or have they remodeled one or two cabins and taken pictures of those? I love to come to a place like roatan stay in a rustic cabin and roam the area. All I need is clean rooms, hot water and a/c that works. I will be bringing about 20 divers and i know that coconut tree divers have outstanding reviews but I am concerned about the cabins. thanks

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: coconut tree cabins

Its a basic little property in a perfect location on WBB. The babins are simple & rustic & sort of "mismatched". Owners seem friendly & it appears very clean....

I hope you get more info.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: coconut tree cabins

"babins"....lol!

That would of course be , "CABINS"!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: coconut tree cabins

um... faithie... aren't the Coconut Tree Babins in West End?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: coconut tree cabins

www.coconuttreecabins.com/west_bay_cabins

Um...babins are in both! ( directly next to Foster's .....Fosters "West Bay" of course )

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: coconut tree cabins

oh, yeah... Foster's brother is the owner, I think... and I believe I heard that, in spite of the name, that the two coconut operations are not connected???

but I think the OP was talking about the West End operation from the link...

tanks for clarifying ;-)

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,373 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: coconut tree cabins

I assume they are connected as they share the same website, but I don't know for certain.

Indeed, the OP from March asked about West End Cabins, but I wasn't certain about the most recent question, thus, just offered an opinion on the faccility in West Bay.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: coconut tree cabins

you're sure right about the same website - that's what I get for going on memory of what I thought I heard...

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: coconut tree cabins

I'll bet what I heard was that the two dive operations are independent of each other... sorry...

Vancouver
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: coconut tree cabins

- I have been to Roatan/West End 3 times and would like to go there again in the near future - twice I stayed at Coconut Tree cabins and it would be my first choice as the owner Vincent Bush and his younger protege/manager named Rolando during both of my previous visits were very accommodating - any concerns were addressed immediately - we stayed in Cabin Number ! - the air conditioner was working but not adequately - a new air conditioner was installed immediately and for the rest of the stay we used it sparingly as prolonged use made the cabin to cold - the cabins were fairly basic but good value for the price - no problems with security - great having a nice porch to sit on with a cold Honduran beer and watch the locals and tourists wander by - the cabins were cleaned daily - the girls that cleaned the cabins would also do your laundry for a small charge - we got to know Vincent fairly well - we had drinks together, ate at the Coconut Tree restaurant and discussed his new store addition and other items at the time - he said that a bank in Coxen Hole wanted his store addition area to open a branch in West end Village because there was no banking services offered there but he felt that the expansion of the store was more important - I threw a suggestion at him and said - Vincent have you heard of an ATM BANKING MACHINE??? - he gave me this funny look and then in good old Vincent Bush fashion the expansion was used as an add on to his existing store - about six months after my last visit I saw from his advertising for Coconut Tree Cabins on the internet that - THERE IS AN ATM BANKING MACHINE AVAILABLE AT THE STORE - I had a good laugh about that - I would stay there again and hope to see both Vincent and Rolando again

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: coconut tree cabins

Just got back from 3 nights in a cabin at the West End. Comfy bed, hammock, air conditioning, great price, and right on the beach: as far as I'm concerned, can't beat it. It was quiet, I felt secure, and they cleaned the room each day for me. I recommend this place for single travelers or couples who don't need much more than a cool, clean, comfortable place to stay.

Get answers to your questions about West End