We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea GRape Dive Shop?

Which West End hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Sea GRape Dive Shop?

Have any experienced divers dived with them? Any thoughts?

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

I dived with them 3 years ago and had a negative experience. But that was 3 years ago, and things can change. We were expected to lug our tanks from shop to boat, not that big a deal but I've never seen a shop that doesn't move the tanks for you. I don't recall that we were able to request a site. The final straw was when the DM took along a student making her cert dives and left the rest of us alone early in the dive. Never had that happen before. One good thing I can recall was the night dive they led, the best I've had. I recall that they had a good boat and good gear. Looking back at my dive log I read the sense of frustration I had at the time. Lots of better shops in town.

Huntsville, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

Thanks...any suggestions for other shopd would be appreciated...I was there years ago and had a great experience just cant remember the darn shop...small groups under 6 are awesome...

cheers

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

chill, are you staying at Sea Grape? I think they do have a dive package. There are lots of good shops in town. I use Coconut tree divers because I know and enjoy their DM's and I like using a larger boat and they are close to where I stay, and they are very reasonable. Which side of the road was the shop on that you used?

Edited: 11:23 am, August 10, 2011
Huntsville, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

Thnx ...the shop I used was on the water side...about halfway down and the shop was down a walkway into the water a bit...part of it got washed away during the hurricane when I was there..I will check out coconut...thnx!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
591 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

We use Mayan Divers at West Bay anc couldn't be happier with them - very professional - small groups and they manhandle the gear for you. Wouldn't be worth it though if you are staying in West End but is definately a contender for those at West Bay

Huntsville, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

Thnx...love the West End ..gettin old but still have a little backpacker in me yearning to be free lol

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
873 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

My choice is Atlantic Sea Divers at Half Moon resort in West End. I've dove 36 times with them over the last two vacations and will be going back to them this February, even though we are staying near West Bay.

Their website needs help, but the reviews for them on here are excellent, and deservedly so.

Menlo Park...
Level Contributor
5,013 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

I'm thinking that was Ocean Connections or more likely Reef Gliders. A friend on the island can't understand why I dive with Coconut Tree, says it's too young. He likes Reef Gliders best, says it's an older group. I don't like the little boat I see at RG. RG seems to have a very convivial after-dive scene on their bar on their dock. Same with OC. In my memory I can't distinguish them. I hadn't heard about the hurricane.

connecticut
Level Contributor
289 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

I also dove with Atlantic Sea Divers in June, and was very happy with them, although they did have some boat issues a couple days, but we always got to our dives.

Dove with Enomis Divers, in March, they are also in West End, and some days, I was the only diver! They were having boat issues as well this July, hence, me going to Atlantic Sea Divers....

I stay in West Bay, doesn't really matter where you stay, getting do any dive operator is cheap and easy, and a lot will come pick you up.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sea GRape Dive Shop?

I have dived with SeaGrape for about 5 years. I love the people. The equipment is very first rate, the service is great, and it is extremely convenient if you are staying there or at Lands End or any of the other nearby places.

Get answers to your questions about West End