We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wood House in West End

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Wood House in West End

We are interested in the Wood House but can't find but one current review. Does anyone have any information from the last 6 months or so? Thank you.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
901 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wood House in West End

We stayed in the Wood House for three weeks about fourteen months ago. while we were in West End this winter, I ran into a guy who was staying there for then month of February. They had had some minor difficulties with a water pump and a leak in the roof (we had a few days of incredible rain), but those are easily repaired. We did not return to the Wood House for our second stay in Roatan, and this guy will not return either.

That being said, the Wood House does have a lot of positives. It is a very rustic "cabin" style accomadation that comes at a very good price. It has a full kitchen, albeit complete with mis-matched everything. It is also convientently located but away from the bustle of main street. However, it sits on the edge of a cluster of locally owned homes, all of which possess at least one dog. If you are a deep sleeper that doesn't mind ear plugs to dull the barking, then the Wood House might just suit your needs.

Medford, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wood House in West End

Thank you so much for the quick response. I think we could deal with everything you mentioned but the barking dogs. We will have to have a serious discussion before reserving the house. I really like the sounds of the location and the price is great because we want to stay for a month so we will keep looking at the options. Thanks again.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wood House in West End

We stayed at the WoodHouse for 17 days between Dec-Jan 2011 and the water was an issue as well. The fact that when we booked the house we asked for a 2 bedroom and the owner assured us it was a 2 bedroom and upon arrival found it to be one bedroom was diasappointing to say the least. The caretaker was awesome and had a bed put into the large kitchen.

But we were not impressed that the bed was stored outside in the gazebo area and was placed on the floor - no frame. I was okay with the fact I had a place to sleep, but the fact was we thought we rented a 2 bedroom. The owner said the place would sleep 6 - not sure where they would have slept!! Good thing our friends cancelled, otherwise we would have been in a bit of a pickle!

We also asked if there was AC and owner said there were fans in the house - sure there were - but the electical cord was broken and not usable. 3/4 of the lights were burnt out - so the kitchen was dark; and there were very old and questionable toiletries in the washroom!

Dogs barking - pet birds next door - very loud; those are things out of the rental control - and there are dogs everywhere - but those issuess are just part of the local charm!

We will return to Honduras this Dec-Jan and can't wait to go back to the Lily Pond restaurant (next door to woodhouse) and the Blue Marlin and even the Mini Jackson store was a favourite spot! But the WoodHouse will not be on our list! The positive - it was great to be close to HalfMoon Bay - snorkeling was fab!

london
Level Contributor
238 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wood House in West End

There are lots of great house rentals on the Islands.

One is the Pearl www.twistedtanyas.com

there are more opening up everyday, flipkey is great to look at also.

Good luck

Rome, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wood House in West End

There lost of wooden houses in Roatan

I rent a wonderful place, ocean view, 1 minute from the beach,

Located behind Pinnoccio Restaurant, in West End,

Contact Areli spanishroatan@yahoo.com/ 01150497269133

You will love it!

6. Re: Wood House in West End

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 30, 2012
Get answers to your questions about West End