We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Paradise

Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Casa Paradise

We have booked Casa Coral & Savannah's Treasure on West Bay Beach for the week of March 8th. I haven't found a message where someone has actually stayed there. Does anyone have any comments? Could anyone offer suggestions for a great dive outfitter nearby. We're also hoping to find a fun fishing guide that might combine a little snorkeling and cookout on a beach somewhere..any recommendations for that? Any advice would be appreciated!

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Paradise

The first thing I would do is write the place your staying and ask them about referrals. You trust them for your lodging so it seems a great place to start for the add ons and they may have special arrangements and pricing set up for this type of thing. .

Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Paradise

Thanks! That's a great idea!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
489 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Paradise

My entire family stayed there at Christmas/New Years, 17 of us in total. We rented Casa Coral, Kingfish, Savannah's Treasure and Spencer's Cove. Myra and Ron, the owners are amazing. They set up all sorts of things for us, including hooking us up with a fishing charter. We used Bananarama Dive Shop which is just a short walk down the beach. They were great. Myra and Ron can set up any activity you might be interested in such as the zipline or gumbalimba park at a better rate. You have the absolute best piece of beach on West Bay with umbrellas, lounge chairs, floaties and kayaks to use. You have made an excellent choice. If you have any other questions, just let me know.

Texas
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Paradise

Thanks for reply! We're so glad to hear your report....we were a little worried about the crowded beach, but it sounds like it wasn't a problem! Did you buy groceries in Coxen Hole or French Harbor? Did you discover a favorite restaurant? (Maybe not with 17 people :) Was it an easy walk to West End from the house? (We have 4 college age girls going with us that I'm sure will want to check out the nightlife!)Anymore advice would be appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
489 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Paradise

We bought most of our groceries in Coxen Hole. We did not always eat as a group. If you are looking for a low cost meal, one of our favorite restaurants is in West End. It is called the Chicken Rotisserie, I think. They charge about $5.00 for a quarter chicken, beans, rice and another side. The food was always excellent there but you had to go early because otherwise they sold out of chicken. Another good restaurant in West End is the Argentina Grill, but it is more expensive than some. Yes, you can walk to West End from West Bay. It takes about 25 minutes or so. The beach in front of Casa de Paradise was never crowded. It was basically our own private piece of beach. The cruise ship crowds congregate at the resorts further down the beach.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
489 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Paradise

One warning about walking to West End. It is definitely not a good idea in the dark. If the girls are looking for night life, they are better off taking a taxi home or if you rent a car, having someone pick them up and bring them back to West Bay.

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Casa Paradise

klownt,

Hello from just down Highway #2!

I picked up on your post that you have some recent experience with a fishing charter in West Bay.

I am headed there in April and have been watching for a referral on charters.

How did it go?

What did you catch?

How much did it cost?

Would you recommend it?

Pat

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
489 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Casa Paradise

I did not go fishing but several of my family members did. They went for a half day (about 6 hours) and caught a couple of large wahoo. The captain filleted it for us and we barbequed it for supper. They saw flying fish and dolphins while they were fishing. I think that all went well. The price was $300.00 and I think that up to 8 people could go for that price, maybe even more. I don't know the name of the charter company if there even was one. The people that we were renting a house from suggested the charter. The captain's name was Red. I think this is a nickname but if you ask around West Bay, people should know who he is. I hope that this helps.

Flowers Bay...
Level Contributor
1,864 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Casa Paradise

Aggiebarb,

Just to respond about the 4 college age girls. I know it may sound a bit harsh but would they walk around dark unknown places in Orlando, Miami, New York, Los Angeles. etc.. Please make sure all use commmon sense.

While the trouble years ago on another Island that made the news and still make the news are tragic I feel they were very avoidable with common sense.

I feel very safe on Roatan and would not have friends and family visit if I did not feel that way but good general precautions need to be taken into consideration anywhere you travel.

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Casa Paradise

klownt,

Thanks for the info.

pat

Get answers to your questions about West End