We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

Which Sandy Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
225 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

Digging for nuggets. Looking hard at the Beach House/Do[phin House-in the Sanctuary for a month rental. The dock almost runs out to the dolphin pens at Anthonys Caye. There is a channel there also. I snorkle--so boat traffic is a concern. Any words of wisdom -knowledge- or advise.

I wander the world
Level Contributor
3,954 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

I would not want to be stay near Anthony's Key.. they have a fleet of dive boats coming and going. The noise alone would bother me.

Additionally ~ the boats I have been on going from West End to Sandy Bay or farther go thru the AKR channel.

Edited: 6:13 pm, January 12, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
225 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

Thanks -you have done me a wonderful service! Just the kind of info I need to make an enjoyable trip--I am trying hard to think of all the things I should address before making a month committemet. An innocent abroad!

Hickory Flat
Level Contributor
146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

I had not even thought about that. Still going to stay at Dolphin House/Beach house in Sanctuary.

San Rafael...
Level Contributor
453 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

After too many close calls with boats, I now use a small dive float with a 30' line and a spark plug socket for an anchor. Since I stay underwater up to 2 minutes, it is just too dangerous without a float.

roatan
Level Contributor
287 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

Unless things have changed there was minimal boat traffic in front of the beach house. We lived there for a year and snorkeled off the dock daily. Most boat traffic went out the channel to the east of the Sanctuary. We loved it there! Dogs were more annoying than boats.

Have fun

Bonnie

Hickory Flat
Level Contributor
146 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

Are there a lot of roaming dogs there? Are they friendly or mean?

7. Re: Boat Traffic in Sandy Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, December 23, 2015