We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

Which Maharepa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
4 posts
Save Topic
Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

We are looking at booking the studio at Ecolodge Cook's Beach (pk 6.7 c/mer Pao Pao, Maharepa) but there are very few reviews and it does not have an entry in Tripadvisor. Has anyone stayed there or even know of its existence that could provide some feedback? Was it known previously by another name, i.e. Cook's Bay? Thank You!

6 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,098 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

Need to investigate...

Meherio

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

Thank you Meherio, any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Michigan
Level Contributor
2,221 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

Found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83hx3gwN1Do

Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

I am also wondering about this place. I have already ordered, but I am starting to wonder if maybe I should cancel and go someplace else. Just in case I end up with no place to sleep, since noone has heard of this place..

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

We stayed there, and I have very little good to say about the place. It was poor value for money, owner unfriendly, and my best advice woudl eb to stay somewhere else!

New York
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested

We stayed there in April 2014. Everything in the studio was as indicated. Granted it is a no frills, VERY simple one bedroom studio. The A/C and TV worked, the hot water was slow in coming, but worked after a few minutes. The locks on the door and windows were not great or missing, but the property is behind a gate and we never had any problems. The studio is on a rocky waterfront and we were provided with a kayak and snorkel gear to use. Our contact was reachable and helpful while we were there. If you cannot handle a few bugs getting in the room or some minor inconveniences this is NOT your place. If you are a budget traveler with some experience, you will find it a good way to spend some extra time on the island. The outdoor kitchen and fridge make it possible to cook your own meals with the stores only a few hundred meters away.

Reply to: Ecolodge Cook's Beach info requested
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted