We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rixos questions.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rixos questions.

We hope to stay for xmas 13 at Rixos

I have noticed on reviews people saying they went to check in and got a nice surprise of upgraded room, I have just paid £240 to upgrade to deluxe and would be quite miffed if I could have for free.

That off my chest, now !PLEASE! can anyone help with the following.

1) Can I get double bed in deluxe room?

2)Are there deluxe rooms close enough to get WiFi in room/balcony?

3)Quiet room but not too far (I have mobility problem) from everything?

4)Are any deluxe sea view?

Maybe Serdar or Kelly reads these and answers.

Thanks in anticipation .

Ann

Leicester
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rixos questions.

Hi Ann

Noticed your post whilst searching for info on what Xmas at Rixos would be like, but also felt I can help you out with some info!

Firstly, I have stayed in a junior suite twice in November 2011 and May 2012 and a Deluxe room is just a smaller version but still huge and lovely. We are returning to this hotel for Xmas 2013, which we have never tried before and this time we have booked 2x Deluxe rooms as my mum in law is joining us (could not push to a junior suite at Xmas prices!). We also paid for an upgrade to have Deluxe and would never book the lower class Superior room. Many people do not read the small print and so do not realise this room only has a shower head fitted to the bath (no seperate shower cubicle like a Deluxe or Suite room). I have very long hair (need a good power shower for it!) and my mum in law has mobility problems, so climbing in to a bath tub is a no go for us.

Contact the hotel if you would like to make any requests. Their head of Guest Services Kelly is amazing at trying to meet requests (if you read recent reviews on Tripadvisor you will see she often replies to comments and her contact info is available). There are twin and double rooms. Most buildings are 2/3 storey and there are no lifts so requesting a ground floor room may be a good idea for you. Twin rooms are basically 2x double beds and Double rooms can be King/Superking size bed.

The wifi is tecnically only available in the reception. Where you see Superior rooms advertised as with "free wifi" that is because these rooms are up at the top of the complex where reception is and therefore get Wifi cover! It is advertised as a perk but just a coincidence that you get access because you are so close to recepion.

Although my Mum in law has mobility issues we always stay right at the other end of the complex (beach end) and when she comes with us at Xmas we will still be requesting this area. It is much quieter especially in winter as the one heated pool is up at the reception end and all the families with children can be found in that area. We enjoy the peace and quiet away from this. There is an indoor heated pool now I am told, which is at the new Spa (also conveniently at the beach end).

The main buffet restaurant and A La Carte restaurants are at the beach end too so this is why we prefer it. There are staff who drive golf buggies to give you a lift because the complex is so huge which you can flag down or I believe you can ring reception and ask for it.

It is my opinion that most Delux rooms overlook one of many pools/gardens. Having stayed in the suites, I know these are all in the sea/beach facing blocks. I guess you pay a premium so you get the views! The whole complex is lovely to look at though.

In the same way some people get Superior to Delux upgrades you may well get Delux to Suite, so do not think you have made a mistake paying for Delux.

I have a map of the complex showing pools, accomodation blocks, reception, restaurants, etc which you may like to see to give you a better feel before you decide on what area of the complex to request. I would gladly photocopy it and send you it if it helps. Just let me know.

If I can help with anything else feel free to get in touch.

And if anyone reading this stayed Xmas 2012 let me know. Do they do anything special 24th/25th December!?

Fay

Edited: 9:50 am, July 28, 2013
Telford, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rixos questions.

Thank you so much Fay for you valuable info, I have PM you to take up your kind offer of map. We have now made our booking, we go with Monarch as they were the best price and fly from our local Birmingham airport.

Look forward to maybe seeing you at "Christmas-in-the-sun".

Thanks again.

Annm

Leicester
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rixos questions.

Hi Ann

Not had your PM yet? Send me one if you would like the map.We must be on same flight from Birmingham with Monarch! Go same dates 14-28th! We also booked them for best value and good price for extra leg room. Booked hotel seperately also. Nice to know Xmas will be in the sun and stress free. Already done all our Xmas shopping (sickening I know!). Think I am willing December around bit too quickly...

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rixos questions.

Thank you Fay, but I do not know why but I can not see a way to PM you,maybe you can me, how would you send map?

We booked the whole lot with Monarch, I am so pleased to find an alternative to the Thomson/Thomas Cook monopoly, they are good flt times too.

Sorry about the PM, hope I have not caused a nonsense.

Best Regards. Ann

5. Re: Rixos questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay