We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
excursions

i note on trip advisor that there are quite a few places to book an excursion are there any that come reccomended.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
457 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

'Sharm Happy Tours'. They respond very quickly to information requests by e-mail and are very friendly (Lido - contact gentleman), and very good prices.

portsmouth england
Level Contributor
697 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions

are there still coach trips going to cairo for the pyramids?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

Hi,

Plz x-refer this thread from yday re: Cairo by bus; you need to watch the FO site & also check your insurance.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…4848734

Regards

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excursions

Sinai Safari advenures come highly recommended on TA. run by a British couplr Tim and Janet. I'm planning to contact them before we go. They also do transfers.

5. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:24 am, August 12, 2013
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: excursions

I disagree,

I have never once heard a bad story about Sinai Safari Adventures!, They are definatley not Illegal.

It is one of the best run trip companies in Sharm.

I would not hesitate to use them again and recommend them to all my friends.

Can I ask Sharn T where you get your infomation from?

Karen

7. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:24 am, August 12, 2013
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: excursions

Hi,

All local tour companies contract out to others (as do hotels), Brit-run or otherwise, & there are those who, as explained above, don't have work permits / licences or insurance. Many people don't realise that & think the tour company owns all the quads or employs all the workers who accompany them to Cairo etc; it's not always the case.

Local tour companies have been known to forge insurance & work documents. Police are aware of this practice & even who some of the culprits are. Some have been fined but the police have other things on their mind since the uprising 2 years ago & are also open to bribes.

The situation with unlicensed tour ops has come up several times on TA (not just for Egypt) & that's why regulars & DEs stress to be careful with whom you book. There are notes & link to a thread about this under the Top Q of the Sharm forum & other discussions accessible thru the search engine.

Anyone intending to go on any trips should ensure their own insurance covers them adequately (including risky sports for quads....as per the FO website) & not trust that any local tour op will 'step up to the mark' should their be an incident. Again, this has been highlighted with some unfortunate stories on TA & TV.

I'm not singling Sinai Safaris out, (I don't know their circumstances, but, with respect, no-one can know for sure if they are working legally; it's not as easy as it was for Brits to renew working visas) I'm just explaining the bigger picture & asking people to be a little less naive & more thorough when booking excursions. Business is slow out there & there is no rush to book before you go; there never has been as there are so many companies out there, all hoping you'll book with them.

Recommending local firms obviously happens on TA but people doing so can unwittingly be recommending a whole heap of trouble. I will occasionally recommend one we have used but I have seen their licence & questioned them closely about their legitimacy; they also have a branch in the UK.

Anyone can set up as a local tour op in Sharm / Egypt, with relative ease & have a good-looking website; doesn't mean they are legit by Egyptian laws &, if you consider the low prices for excursions, how can their "insurance" be worth the paper on which it's written? I wouldn't like to put that to the test.

They'll all offer similar deals, all will be open to haggling. Talk to them face-to-face & decide when you're out there.

Regards

Edited: 5:49 am, April 27, 2013
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: excursions

Sinai Safari have all the correct legal documents and insurances and are working perfectly legally in Sharm. Whilst we were there Janet had to fly to Cairo for some legal documents to be processed to increase their remit.

The big tour operators hate them because they undercut their prices by half and offer a far superior service.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,224 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: excursions

Just to add that a genuine permit will look like these:

memphistours.com/Egypt/…Memphis-Tours-License

vovasharmexcursions.com/index.php…

www.sunrisetours-eg.com/company_lisence.html

Don't be afraid to ask to see it, if it's not on display on the premises. As per the last example, it should be in Arabic & English.

This is just the work permit; it doesn't give customers insurance.

Regards

Edited: 6:05 am, April 27, 2013