We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

glass bottom boat

burnley
Level Contributor
377 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
glass bottom boat

can anybody tell me where abouts in sharm the glass bottom boat sails from. Is it in sharm or sharks bay. John.

Durham UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: glass bottom boat

there are different ones John, we've been on them before from Sharm El Maya (near the old town) but I think they also go from Naama Bay. Fantastic both times, well worth a trip :-)

burnley
Level Contributor
377 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: glass bottom boat

thank you for your reply what I want to know is can I just turn up at the boat and pay to get on or do I need to book a trip with one of the agencies. John.

Sydney, New South...
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: glass bottom boat

i did a day snorkeling in Giftun Island was amazing, you are free to snorkel on the impressive coral heads scattered in the clear lagoon, have a walk along the sandy beach, or just relax on the pure white beach. I booked with a cheap company called Egypt Travel

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
846 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: glass bottom boat

If I am not mistaken Giftun Island is off the coast at HURGADA . The only island off Sharm is Tiran which is a good snorkelling destination but the beach is not readily accessed as it is Saudi Arabian property. 12barbluesman

Durham UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: glass bottom boat

you can either book your tours online (if your on facebook speak to 'mohammed time tours') or when we were there the guys would come along the beach too

Durham UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: glass bottom boat

We're actually planning on the Tiran Island cruise when we go in March, its £20 each, get picked up at the hotel at 8am and don't get back til 4pm, includes lunch and a soft drink and allows you to either snorkel or just enjoy the sun, either way it's a deffo for us!

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: glass bottom boat

Am I missing the point here! the original question was about the glass bottom boat, majority of the responses seem to be on snorkelling trips????

I would also like to know more about the glass bottom boat trips but do not want to put up another post.

Nana

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: glass bottom boat

Nana you certainly used to be able to turn up and just get on a boat. I did regularly in Sharm El Maya Bay and go to El Fanar, it was just a small boat, able to see everything as we were sailing and I would then go snorkelling off it as well. At that time there were no jetties over the reef to access that part and the snorkelling was fab. This was some time ago, but still think you can gert on the boats without booking, I suppose it will depend very much on how busy they are

Regards

barbarah

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: glass bottom boat

There are lots of glass bottom boat trips and lots of hotels have them call at their hotel jetty so you may not have to travel at all if your hotel is one of them. Certainly the hotels we have been to in both Shark's Bay and Naama Bay offer this. If you tell forum which hotel you will be staying at you should get replies from someone who has been recently and so can give you accurate details on cost, frequency etc.

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
2,063 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: glass bottom boat

Thanks Barbarah,

Was hoping that you would also be able to snorkel from the boat.

Only a week to go so will find out soon if we need to book.

NaNa