We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at royal Albertros moderna

newtown powys
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Hi can any one tell me how far roughly soho square is from the hotel is it a short or long taxi ride as I want to sort my duty free out thankyou

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Hi willtech1,

We've moved this topic to the Nabq Bay forum, because it should be more likely to receive some replies here. We hope you find the information you're looking for.

Best regards,

TA_MikeW

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Hi willie we were there 2 years ago if I remember correctly its a good 20 minutes away by taxi but the taxis are cheap enough if you haggle I'm sure there is a duty free shop in nabq although you may want to go to soho just to have a look around

burnley
Level Contributor
396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Hi there go to the front gate and have a word with the guys who are on security they will call one of the taxis that are across the road.Dont pay any more than 10GBPys or 100 Egyptian for there and back.the taxi driver will meet you at a pre arranged time to bring you back.It is about 20 minutes away depending on how fast you like to go.I always end up asking the driver to slow down. John.

newtown powys
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Thanks for your reply glad to here it's not to far .from what I gather there isn't a duty free shop in nabq so soho sqaure it . Can't wait to get there cheers again .

newtown powys
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Thanks for your reply glad to here it's not to far .from what I gather there isn't a duty free shop in nabq so soho square it is if u guys could give me any tips as what to we're when u leave the hotel is shorts alright for me as I am unsure I've never been before . I've only been the canarys any tips on anything would be great

burnley
Level Contributor
396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

you need to go to the duty free within 48 hours of landing and you will need your passport. If you are planning on having something to eat in Soho square some of the restaurants want you to wear pants, but otherwise shorts are ok. I didn't eat out because I found the food good in the RAM.Especially in the Italian restaurant. Another thing is Soho square doesn't open till night time so if you go after dinner you will be fine. If there is anything else just ask me.john.

newtown powys
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Thank you John for reply you have been a great help

newtown powys
Level Contributor
56 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

Did u do the trip to Cairo buy plane I want to I don't now weather to book before I go or go to nabq as I've been told I can book it there any help on that would be be great cheers william

London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

sharm club come highly recommended for trips give them a try :)

Edited: 3:24 am, February 14, 2013
burnley
Level Contributor
396 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at royal Albertros moderna

just check out the state of the trouble that's taking place at the moment in Egypt and weigh up whether its safe or not to travel to Cairo. I don't want to alarm you but its best to be safe. I would check out the fca site and see what's said. the recommend to book with sharm club is spot on. John.