We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dress code

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
dress code

going to royal albertross maderna this week is there a dress code for the restaurants or can you wear shorts

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dress code

they are pretty easy going during the day, shorts are ok but i wouldnt wear speedos

At night (dinner) your supposed to wear trousers

Solihull
Level Contributor
166 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dress code

I didnt wear trousers for the entire 2 weeks , shorts or long shorts are fine to wear but agree with the no speedos :)

Poznan, Poland
Level Contributor
219 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dress code

You will not be kicked out for shorts but long trousers (even jeans) and a button-down shirt would be nice and appreciated during dinner. As we made friends with the staff many of them commented on the guests wearing shorts and Ts at dinner. Would you wear shorts to a white-tablecloth restaurant in Lancaster?:)

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dress code

Jeans in 30-50 degrees c heat, i'd mely ;-)) Linen or maybe very very lightweight cotton.

However I would most definitely prefer to see clean, & nicely pressed tailored shorts together with a smart polo style shirt than denim/jeans. Would you wear jeans/denim to a white table cloth restaurant?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dress code

shorts at evening dinner in any 4 or 5 star hotel restaurant is a poor show, whether they are smartly tailored or not...and even if it is a beach hotel, unless the resort is advertised as totally informal.

saw it at Cleopatra luxury resort last March when Russians and some English came in dressed in tank tops flip flops and shorts (even gym shorts) classy...not

staff did not turn guests away despite complaints and the dress code notice on the door and they

told you when you checked-in and the reply was some of these people do not even have long trousers hey ho...

also happened at aquagrand 5 star hotel in Lindos last month...

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dress code

rog, that is your perception. I agree with you about gym shorts, and vests, however even an exceedingly expensive linen suit can look a real mess, unless you are lucky enough to be able to wear it without creasing it.

I personally really feel that denim/jeans in a 4/5* restaurant or a no, however that is my own particular perception, & unless the hotel/restaurant has a long trouser only rule (you won't find me in it) then tailored shorts are what I will wear.

7. Re: dress code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 12, 2013