We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Sea water world

Richmond upon thames
Level Contributor
62 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Sea water world

I really am confused on first choices website the coral sea resort looks like its being turned into the coral water world as of summer 2013, never been before.

Not sure whether to book as it says it will open in May but how do i know that we might arrive to building works.

Also i have read that people who use coral sea resort can have access to the holiday village, which would be a plus as it has good range of sport activities on the website.

I have asked fc what would happen if work hasn't been completed and they say they will notify you before you go. Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else before and are you within your rights to be moved to another hotel if you complain at the time.

Would appreciate any bit of advice, bit nervous about booking s might just think about the hv instead. So confusing and hard decisions!

thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Sea water world

CSR is being turned into Waterworld from next year, are you looking to book the hotel for the water park, because last year First Chioce should have opened Coral Sea Splash Resort and it was delayed several times with some people landing in resort expecting it to be open and then given 5 mins to pick between 3 other hotels. others were moved literally a few weeks before, which is not the stressful start you want to a holiday and if you do not like the comparable hotels you have to pay the difference.

CSSR is being renamed Coral Sea Aqua next year and is available through Thomson's so may be worth looking at this because at least you know it is finished. This also happened with Thomson's Sensatori in Egypt at the same time which affected me luckily I moved to a different hotel which was fab and have now been back twice since. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Bristol, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Sea water world

Hi could you tell me the hotel you were moved to please as we are looking to go to Egypt next year as we just come back from cssr and loved it, but would be nice to try a different one. Thank you

yorkshire
Level Contributor
171 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Sea water world

Becky, Reef Oasis Blue Bay and Spa, it is a lovely hotel quite a big complex with seperate activity, adults only and infinity pools also beach with great snorkelling.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Sea water world

We have booked into the new coral sea waterworld for next July x. We were sold the holiday because the water park looks fab and its right on the beach. Only found out after booking that the water park is yet to be built and the pictures in the brochure are of the coral sea splash resort across the road!!! I will be very annoyed if its not built and they suggest moving because we are a party of 18, including 8 children whom are all looking forward to being on holiday together x.

Swansea, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Sea water world

Hi we stayed in cssr last year had a fan time, but thinkin of bookin the coral sea waterworld is this across the road from cssr and does anyone know when they are starting to build the waterpark, thanx. X

Swansea, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Sea water world

Hi we stayed in cssr last year had a fab time, but thinkin of bookin the coral sea waterworld, is this across the road from cssr and does anyone know when they are starting to build the waterpark please thanx xx

Edited: 11:09 am, September 03, 2012
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Sea water world

Yeah it is across the road, so its beach side x. There is a couple of groups on facebook for the coral sea waterworld and people are reporting on there that they are just starting to build now x. There are 2 groups on facebook, so join both if you are on there. Hope this helps x.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Sea water world

We are staying at the Coral Sea Resort this October - slightly concerned now that we are going to arrive to a building site. Can anyone reassure me at all or how can I find out??? Building noise for 2 weeks is not what we have in mind for our holiday!! Where is the new water park being situated etc? Does anyone know what the implications are for those of us due to holiday before the big opening next year??

Swansea, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Sea water world

Thank you louise will do x

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral Sea water world

Work started on the Coral Sea new Water World back in June of this year (2012). Water Park to be built behind the right-hand-wing of the hotel as you look at the hotel photograph in the brochure. You need to request a hotel room the same side as the Mermaid Restaurant - email the hotel directly with your booking details. They will be most accommodating.

Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay