We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Petra

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Petra

Hi All,

I am off to Sharma in a weeks time and am planning a day trip to Petra. From what I have read I don't think I require a Visa.

Could anybody confirm this ?

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Petra

Just back from Sharm, yes I was right, you do not need an Egyptian visa to visit Petra. Hope this helps other people planning on going.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Petra

hi there

did you fly on your day trip or boat and hows the day go

interested to know as going to sharm again in march but last year petra trips were all cancelled

thanks

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
4 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Petra

Hello,

We went to Petra by bus and boat, the trip was booked through Falcon Adventures who have an office near Coral Sea Resort in Nabq. Their prices take some beating. Organisation was excellent, no problem transfering between buses and ferry.

It is a very long day, we were picked up at 2.15 am and got back at 1.00am next day. We slept most of the time on the bus from Sharm to Taba, it is dark then so did not feel we missed anything.

You get around 3 and a half hours in Petra, there is so much to see that could spend a whole day in there. We walked for around 2 hours down past the Royal Tombs, had a drink and then started to walk back. The Monastry is another 2 kilometres down the valley so did not get to see it. Still worth going though to see the Treasury at the start.

Then there is a stop for dinner, ours was a buffet style meal in a restaurant in Petra.

As I say, a long day, but Petra is stunning and it was well worth going.

Just a note, people on last weeks trips to Cairo were unable to go to the Museum as it was closed due the troubles there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Petra

thanks for the reply

cheers

5. Re: Day trip to Petra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, February 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay