We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

happy tours, nabq bay, sharm el sheikh, avoid, avoid!!!!!!!!

Findhorn, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
happy tours, nabq bay, sharm el sheikh, avoid, avoid!!!!!!!!

a party of 10 of us have just returned from sharm and we booked a few trips with happy tours, we first booked the quad biking, 4 am kick off and we were promised a stunning sunrise, and we also told them we wanted to nip on (were all speed merchants) they didnt disappoint us, adam told us we could go as fast as we wanted, he limited us when there were other quads about, but when we were on our own he let us crack on which we were pleased with, we decided we would book all our excursions through them, this was when it started to go wrong, me and my son booked to go motocrossing in the desert, my sons 15 but experienced, so i booked a 250 for him, and a 750 for me, obviously i paid more for the 750, but it cost me £70 for both bikes, we were assured by adam that we would get a 3 hour trip, included would be the visit to a bedouin tent, you always get that when going to the desert, so it was no problem, and to be honest a break in the riding would be welcome, (3 hours caning a bike across the desert would be heavy going anyway) he told us he`d arranged it so it would be fast riding, and he`s made sure we get some jumps in as well, so it all sounded great, we were really looking forward to it, we got a text at the last minute telling us the ride had been cancelled and rescheduled for the saturday, we had made plans for the whole party to go to naama bay on the saturday night, no big deal, (or so i thought) we`ll just get a taxi to naama bay when we get back and meet the others when we get there (its only a fiver in a taxi, so no probs) when lido, the owner of unhappy tours, picked us up on the saturday, he told us the dolphin show we had booked for the sunday would have to be rescheduled to the tuesday as the dolphin show wasnt open on a sunday, anyway, i wasnt sure what to do about it as id have to talk to the others, on the way to pick up the bikes lido told me they didnt have a 750, only a 650, so i thought no big deal, that`ll do, when we got there he brought 2 honda 250`s out, when i told him thats not what id booked, he said tourists arent allowed to use 650`s in the desert, (funnily enough, that was never mentioned when booking, nor was it mentioned in the car when he said he didnt have a 750, only a 650) i told him id be looking for a refund for the extra id paid for the bigger bike, he tried to fob me off by saying, you cant really use a big bike in the desert anyway, i said it doesnt matter, ive still paid for it, still not a problem though, i was out to have fun, the guide went on a geared quad and away we went, he didnt disappoint us, the quad was full tilt and we were having fun, when we hit the softer sand the quad left us, and when we hit the harder sand we caught him again, great fun, that lasted about 20 minutes, then we were at a bedouin tent, the guide said he was going back, and left us with another guide, we were there for about 30 minutes, and there was a load of quads and sand buggys there, eventually when the guide decided to make a move he took all the quads and sand buggys with him, we were on the move for about 2 minutes, then we ended up at another bedouin tent, i just thought he was guiding the quads down there and we`d soon be on our way, wrong, after about 20 minutes i told the guide i wanted to go, he said go up and watch the sunset, i told him i hadnt paid to watch the sunset, id paid to ride bikes, when the rest of the quad riders eventually came down from watching the sunset we were on our way, i wasnt happy by this time, we ended up in a convoy of around 20-30 quads, i told my son to overtake everyone, so off we went and went past the quads, when i turned round to make sure he was ok, he was gone, so obviously i turned back to see where he was, i found him at the back of all the quads, he said the guide had told him to get to the back and stay in line, i went past again and the guide flagged me down and told me to get in line with the quads, i told him id paid for a private guide and wanted to ride fast, he said he wasnt a private guide, and off he went, i noticed a large mound up ahead, so i just had to, the guide wasnt very happy when i overtook him and i was in the air, off i went and a couple of minutes on the front brake caliper fell off, that was the quads away past again, the guide didnt bother stopping, and i was stuck in the desert in the dark, fortunately my son turned round and came back, then so did the guide, lee eventually went back on the guides quad, i took lees bike and the guide rode the knackered one, all in all we managed about 30 minutes riding, and nothing extreme, which is what we`d paid for, we eventually got back to the hotel and as expected the others had gone to naama bay, we got a taxi through, then problems, no one had signals on their phones, so i couldnt get in touch with anyone, we both had a meal on our own, (something we wouldnt have had to do if the trip hadnt been rescheduled) i went to complain and to cancel the dolphin show, i spent so long trying to tell them i wanted to cancel and to tell them i wasnt happy with the service, i ebded up missing out on another meal with my party, we eventually ran out of time and ended up losing our deposits for the dolphin show, but basically they cocked up the last week of our holiday, i would strogly recommend staying well away from unhappy tours, falcon tours are just across the road from al khan promenade and are strongly recommended, were booked to go back to sharm in march, and if i just happen to be outside of unhappy tours when anyone else is going in, i`ll be telling them to stay well clear

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: happy tours, nabq bay, sharm el sheikh, avoid, avoid!!!!!!!!

I fully agree with sailingmaltwh! They should have given money back, dishonest people. It must have been horrible for you to have your holiday spoilt like that

22. Re: happy tours, nabq bay, sharm el sheikh, avoid, avoid!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay