We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sickness bug????

Weymouth, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sickness bug????

Planning a visit to Egypt and have heard some horror stories about the sickness bug......is it really that bad and that common??? Puts me off going a little bit, dont fancy spending a holiday being ill!!!!!!

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sickness bug????

It does happen. However follow a few sensible rules , peel it (fruit n veg) boil it (water) cook it (meat). Carry one of those gel alchol hand sterilizers, get advice from a pharmicist in UK if you are not sure. Don't get sunburnt, drink plenty of bottled water etc etc.

People will say they did all that, and still got ill, however I say do that and give yourself a chance. I have been to Egypt many times, and never been ill.

Some say take pro biotics, others say have antinal to hand incase. Diocalm, & immodium won't work if you do get ill, however in most instances this is cleared up within 24hrs of taking the correct medicine.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sickness bug????

Check these articles :-)

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g297555-c141622/Sha…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k4…

Regards

3. Re: Sickness bug????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 09, 2012