We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oriental Resort - Couple of Questions

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
388 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Oriental Resort - Couple of Questions

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether the building work at the Oriental causes any problems during the days with excess noise etc?

Also do men have to wear long trousers at night when going down to dinner or are 3/4 smart trousers OK?

Are there set meal times for dinner or can you go down anytime during the opening hours during the evening?

Is there tea and coffee making facilities in the room i.e. just a kettle?

Any answers and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We are going on the 26th June.

derbyshire ,england
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oriental Resort - Couple of Questions

hi cant tell u about the building works, was still in progress last yr whilst we were there as for wearing trousers or 3/4 s no i alawys wore shorts , meal time you could go down at any time during the opening times ......

ive just been looking at some of the recent reviews and dont take them to be all true we found this when we went in 2007 the reviews were bad about the same as they are now so dont panic and yes there is tea and coffee in rooms

dont hold me to it but you will enjoy it weve been twice now admited were have just booked to go to hilton sharks bay for 2011

regards nick

Wellingborough...
Level Contributor
388 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oriental Resort - Couple of Questions

Thanks Nick.

Did you wear shorts for dinner at night time. We have never been to a hotel where you could wear shorts it has always been long trousers for men. My partner will be pleased to wear 3/4's at night.

Is the hotel really lovely as the pictures I have seen look nice but the reviews I have read have been really off putting. The rooms look lovely as well.

Any information would be great.

Regards,

Louise

southampton, england
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oriental Resort - Couple of Questions

Hi,

Is there a kettle in the room otr tea/coffee making facilities.

Also is the hairdyer in the room any good. Just trying to decide what we can leave behind at home?! Thanks

4. Re: Oriental Resort - Couple of Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay