We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to pack for trip to Ecuador in August??

Which Otavalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
What to pack for trip to Ecuador in August??

Good Morning

Just wondering what I should pack to go to Ecuador in August. We will be spending our trip in Quito and in Otavalo (also one day trip to Cotopaxi). Just wondering if I should pack shorts or pants, also if I should pack more T-shirts or sweaters?

Thanks

pacific northwest
Level Contributor
171 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to pack for trip to Ecuador in August??

The weather at that time can change every hour, with light rain showers alternating with sun. Because youre at higher altitudes, it's likely to be on the cool side. Layers are the way to go. If you have to choose, light pants will be more useful than shorts (a pair of convertible pants is handy), and you will often need more than a t-shirt. Fleece vest and jacket are good. If you plan many outdoor activities, raingear could also be useful. For hiking or volcanoes, a warm cap, gloves and neck gaiter or scarf will help.

2. Re: What to pack for trip to Ecuador in August??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 18, 2015