We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

Which Otavalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thousand Oaks CA
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

My husband and I will be arriving in Quito in the afternoon and plan to go directly to Otavalo is it difficult to get there by bus? We speak Spanish.

Harrisburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

We took a cab to Otavalo from Quito with no issues. Pre-arranged through our otavalo hotel. Please have a piece of strawberry pie for me from the Shenandoah pie shop!

Guayaquil, Ecuador
Level Contributor
48 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

Hola,

The bust its very easy to take. Just go to the big bust station and there you will find it. In Otavalo take a taxi to the hotel, dont walk too long time at the bus station. And always travel by daytime, the best in the morning. Coatur is a very good bus company

Saludos

Level Contributor
22 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

http://www.letsgotoecuador.com/

Excellent service, great prices. We just used them 3 times this week, including this tour. Good luck!

Toronto, Ohio
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

Hi Steph0722,

Where did you stay in Otavalo (near the market?) and would you recommend it? How much was the taxi cost back to Qinto?

15. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:12 pm, May 27, 2013
Walnut Creek...
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

We just took the bus from Quito to Otavalo today. It was easy and also very interesting. I was hooked on the movies that were playing. The only bother was someone standing at the front of the bus giving a sales pitch for an herbal product!

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

That's a shame; I always looked forward to the vendors selling empanadas and homemade ice cream on the buses!

Berkeley, CA
1 post
Save Reply
18. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

Does any know if it's possible to take a bus directly from the new Quito Airport to Otavalo, without getting to Carcelin first?

19. Re: Quito to Otavalo by bus or by taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 09, 2014