We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Days out from Guayaquil

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
847 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Days out from Guayaquil

We are going to the Galapagos and will be in Guayaquil for a couple of days before the main trip starts. Are there any day trips we can do probably on the Sunday or can anyone recommend an attraction which we must do.

Fayetteville...
Level Contributor
600 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Days out from Guayaquil

You would want to visit the Malecon 2000 and parque de Iguana. These areas are now very secure and people strole along the malecon at night. I was amazed at how much it changed. If you like meat you will really enjoy Parillada Nato. It is well known so any taxi driver can take you there. It is an Argentinian grill. They will serve your meat choice on a small charcol grill so order your meat under cooked and you can slice it and let it continue to grill while you dine. The portions are huge! The mixed grill has a little of everything even blood sausage, which you can change for something else. But I would say you could feed four with that. I have never been to Guayaquil as a tourist so I am not familiar with day trips but you could go to the beach. You could hire a taxi or if you are a larger group a van to take you. With that said Guayaquil is not my favorite place and use caution with posters on this forum that make it sound "wonderfull". It is my belief that they are not tourists but locals trying to promote Guayaquil. The things I mentioned could be done in one evening. Honestly if you have the time I would catch a flight to Cuenca. Cuenca is a beautifull city, I think the most beautifull in Ecuador, in the mountains. It would give you a taste of the highlands which is totally different than the coast of Ecuador. The flight is very sort, 30 minutes. And not very expensive, I think we paid under 50 dollars for a one way ticket.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
847 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Days out from Guayaquil

Thanks for your reply. We probably don't want to be flying anywhere as we will be flying on to the St Cristobel on the Monday, just thought about a nice trip somewhere on the Saturday / Sunday if there was a "must see".

We could just go to the beach but thought they might be an attraction or something, thanks for the dinner tip. Not sure the veggies on the trip would approve :D

DKV
Cuenca
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Days out from Guayaquil

If you like great seafood, go to Lo Nuestro - a classy restaurant with a great atmosphere. We tried it for the first time last weekend and loved it! The lobster thermador was the best I've EVER tasted!

4. Re: Days out from Guayaquil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:30 pm, November 16, 2006
5. Re: Days out from Guayaquil

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:14 pm, November 24, 2006
6. Re: Days out from Guayaquil

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 8:18 am, August 25, 2009