We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what neighborhoods to stay in in Guayaquil for two nights?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
what neighborhoods to stay in in Guayaquil for two nights?

Hello fellow travelers,

My husband and I will be in Guayaquil for two nights in June and I'm trying to figure out which neighborhoods are ideal to stay in in terms of safety and things to see. All the hotels that have been recommended to me are in the business district, but coming from Chicago, I think of "business district" as boring. Is that not the case in Guayaquil? I was thinking about the Hotel Oro Verde if so. Thanks!

Las Vegas, NV
Level Contributor
41 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what neighborhoods to stay in in Guayaquil for two nights?

We stayed for two nights in the city center, since it was for our first and last night, we booked two hotels: Hotel Palace and Hotel CityPlaza. I liked the location of the former, a bit better, though they were only a few blocks apart. The Malecon and Iguana Park are extremely close by, as is the market, and Las Penas neighborhood is also nearby. Those sights can easily be taken in too. There are many restaurants in the area, but most businesses close by 8pm. After that, its mainly street vendors. It's bustling during the day.

It's doubtful you'll find the location boring.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Palace Guayaquil
Hotel Palace Guayaquil
731 Reviews
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Las Penas
Las Penas
1,745 Reviews
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Nova Scotia Canada
Level Contributor
683 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what neighborhoods to stay in in Guayaquil for two nights?

In March we also stayed in city centre at the Hampton Inn and thoroughly enjoyed the Iguana park-a small city block enclosed with dozens of iguanas who have their own pool and a large tree to climb-a fascinating place to watch and photograph the placid iguanas. We also enjoyed the Malecon-a beautiful waterfront with parks, restaurants, walkways, benches and shade-all tine-consuming and an interesting place to spend time.

3. Re: what neighborhoods to stay in in Guayaquil for two nights?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 03, 2015